BBQ Central

BBQ Central (http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/)
-   Catering Corner (http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/f28/)
-   -   doing just butts (http://www.bbq-4-u.com/forum/f28/doing-just-butts-8675.html)

WalterSC 06-10-2007 07:37 AM

doing just butts

Ok I have a good question I know its not catering but I figured yall could answer this for me. I have had several people ask me what I would charge for just doing butts no sides they just want pulled pork , and I told them that I pick the butts . My question is how much would yall charge by the pound for doing something like this ???

surfinsapo 06-10-2007 08:14 AM

Re: doing just butts

Quote:

Originally Posted by WalterSC
Ok I have a good question I know its not catering but I figured yall could answer this for me. I have had several people ask me what I would charge for just doing butts no sides they just want pulled pork , and I told them that I pick the butts . My question is how much would yall charge by the pound for doing something like this ???

I don't know exactly how much per/lbs., but make sure you get compensated accordingly..I'd charge them for the price of the meat plus how many hours I took out of my day to cook and prepare everything....Oh yeah, bartor..Start high and work to where you feel fit. Good Luck!

Pigs On The Wing BBQ 06-10-2007 09:29 AM

I charge $8.00 per lb for pulled pork and sauce on the side.

CarolinaQue 06-10-2007 09:40 AM

Good friends I only charge actual cost, but only cook them when I have the smoker going already. Usually works out to around $12 a butt after rub is accounted for.

Good acquaintences (SP?) I charge $6 a pound. Usually works out to about $25 to $30 a butt.

Strictly business I charge $8 a pound. Usuall works out 40$ to $45 a butt.

Tim

Rockin Rooster 06-10-2007 09:40 AM

Multiply your total cost by three or you can just check out what the local BBQ places are charging and adjust accordingly.

WalterSC 06-10-2007 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin Rooster
Multiply your total cost by three or you can just check out what the local BBQ places are charging and adjust accordingly.

Ok so I was thinking around 7 to 8 bucks a pound so thats about right ,butts come to 2 a pack here , the money I can make is going towards entering competions and restocking stuff for rubs and things.

Thanks all!!!

Bill The Grill Guy 06-10-2007 10:12 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rockin Rooster

Ok so I was thinking around 7 to 8 bucks a pound so thats about right ,butts come to 2 a pack here , the money I can make is going towards entering competions and restocking stuff for rubs and things.

Thanks all!!!

Thats how I pay for my comps. The wife wont let any of OUR money go twords them.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ 06-10-2007 10:48 AM

[quote=Bill The Grill Guy]
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Rockin Rooster":2cc9bwbw

Thanks all!!!

Thats how I pay for my comps. The wife wont let any of OUR money go twords them.[/quote:2cc9bwbw]
So Bill, If you score a check at at cook off, is it your money? Or our money. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greg Rempe 06-10-2007 10:56 AM

raw weight x's 3...they don't know the difference and I make the money!

Pigs On The Wing BBQ 06-10-2007 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Rempe
raw weight x's 3...they don't know the difference and I make the money!

NO YOU DON'T!!! Do the math. This is why you "want to be" guys screw it up for us guy's making a living on barbecue! Geeessshhh :roll:

Uncle Bubba 06-10-2007 02:45 PM

$8/lb. My pulled pork is better than Greg's and well worth the extra $2. :wink:

wittdog 06-10-2007 02:45 PM

You tell em Bubba...Award Winning Q...1st at Oinkfest...

Pigs On The Wing BBQ 06-10-2007 02:48 PM

No kidding (Dick Tracy) :lol:

Uncle Bubba 06-10-2007 02:50 PM

...and Nelsonville !

Pigs On The Wing BBQ 06-10-2007 02:55 PM

Oink first place 2006
http://aycu07.webshots.com/image/158...0897876_th.jpg

WalterSC 06-10-2007 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Sweet Congrats on the win!! Nice cooker by the way!!!

Uncle Bubba 06-10-2007 06:10 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pigs On The Wing BBQ

That LITTLE thing??????? [smilie=lol_xtreme.gif]

That's Woodman's pit.

WalterSC 06-10-2007 06:16 PM

[quote=Uncle Bubba]
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by "Pigs On The Wing BBQ":1bw5q277

That LITTLE thing??????? [smilie=lol_xtreme.gif]

That's Woodman's pit.[/quote:1bw5q277]

Heck I would be happy with just a small pit that I could do everything on the same pit . Till then I will settle for my 2 WSM`s and my 55 gallon drum smoker.