BBQ Smoker Roundtable Podcast?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Well, I have actually done podcasts with a number of pit makers and have more lined up here in the near future. I don't know if a round table would be best suited for that type of show content...I also make it a point to ask the big bbq competitors that I interview what they cook on and why.

Who did you think should be on the show if it were to take place...I am always up for suggestions. ;)

ISBBQ said:
You guys shoulda' never let me join! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

When I first became interested in smoking Q, all I had was my Cheapie Meco grill. It took me several months of asking questions on forums to decide on what smoker to buy. I wound up getting an offset and a WSM for two reasons, 1) I liked what both had to offer and, 2) I wanted to make sure I had the one I really wanted, understanding that I would probably get rid of one of them. Well, I still have them both but I have added a WSM to the family. If I had it to do all over again, I would have just bought 2 WSM out of the gate.

Perhaps a roundtable podcast about the various smokers and why your guests - the "Giants of BBQ" use the ones they do. Now, I know that God's greatest gift to the BBQ world is the WSM and other upright smokers, but others may not have been enlightened yet - and I do want everyone to go heaven, so they must be converted at some point! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yep, I'm a trouble-maker! :LOL: So, what do you think?

It's not too late, that problem can be fixed. :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

My nephew is picking up my trusty Bullet this morning that I gave to him. Do you think that will get me into heaven?

ISBBQ said:
Greg Rempe said:
Well, I have actually done podcasts with a number of pit makers and have more lined up here in the near future. I don't know if a round table would be best suited for that type of show content...I also make it a point to ask the big bbq competitors that I interview what they cook on and why.

Who did you think should be on the show if it were to take place...I am always up for suggestions. ;)

Yeah, I have listened to the podcasts from the pit makers - great shows too! And, you do ask the competitors what they cook on, but I have never heard them get into the "why" they cook on them and even the "how". Take Finney for example, this guy is obviously going to heaven because he has 2 WSMs (or 2 3/4 according to one show). :LOL: Anyway, I am genuinely interested in why he uses the WSM and maybe even how he uses it.

Perhaps you are right that a dedicated podcast may be a bit much, but maybe you could press the "why" and "how" "questions of the pit" in the course of some other podcasts.

Just some thoughts I think would be helpful for beginning Q'ers.

Tony
:D

If you're interested in why I do things... you do have a problem. There may be a 12 step program in the future for you. :LOL:

What????

Can you throw logs on a WSM? I like to play with fire.

STICK BURNERS RULE!!!!!!!!
Sorry. I freaked out a little there.
PARTY!!!!
Smoke On!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom