Food Handling

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john a

Executive Chef
A professional vender on another forum asked a question about food handling and types of gloves. I thought it was a good question, not only for professionals but for all of us that handle food at home as well. Here is my response.

I'm not a pro food handler so take it for what it's worth. I buy these at Sam's for use at home; they are cheap and very easy to use as they are oversized.

Remember...gloves will not prevent cross contamination of food. They will protect the food from you(or at least anything on your hands). I have used these before but they never fit my hands properly so I use powder free latex gloves and go through a ton of them. Anything is better than not.

I use whatever they sell at Costco. They are blue.

And I also got a box from my DR. had to promise him ribs.

yep, the Costco gloves here too. Cheap and makes clean up easy.
The plastic ones from Sams I threw away because they were so
loose on my hands.

Hmm, I buy them because thay are so big, easy on & off. Cheap enough at one half cent each to use a lot of them to avoid cross contamination, oh well, different strokes; that's what makes the world go around. :)

Buy mine at Gordon Food Service, they are non-latex and very lightly powdered with corn starch, easy to put on and the corn starch is food soluble.

Back
Top Bottom