sink mod

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Crazy Redneck

Assistant Cook
Need some help,
My team just started competing and do not have a very good setup for sinks. We like the three tub setup with Soap, Rinse, and Sanitize. I think that is pretty standard. Right now we use big buckets. We would like to build a nicer setup and would like to see what other people have done. Any help would be appreciated.

Lloyd

Just this past weekend I saw three laundry tubs with the legs cut off bolted together. It was a great way to make the three sinks and quite economical.

Not sure about your area but usually the classified ads in the newspaper show commerical 3 holer units in the restaurant and fixture section all day every day. I have turned down at least 3 ones in the past few years. I need a special size to go in the MH..wound up paying a hundred bucks with the faucets included. Give you one tip..if you want to be top of the line...get the oval shaped bottoms..not the squared off variety. The health goons done decided germs can live in the cracks where the sidewalls meet the bottom. Just a word to the wise.

bigwheel

Depending upon what state you are in, they(health dept.) may require drainboards on your sinks for catering. Might want to try bussing bins sold at Sams for $10/2 or so. Don't get fancier than you need to before you need to. Legal sink setup for catering is going to cost me around $1800 with water heater, gray tank, plumbing, sink, etc. Oh, and don't forget the hand wash station too...a-holes. [smilie=rlp_smilie_312.gif]

Back
Top Bottom