FAB B LITE RESULTS

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diva Q

Executive Chef
Thank you for the results and pictures.

While I am not completely sold on the idea (due to the high cost) it is interesting to have such a great comparison.

nice comparison. I usually use 3/4 cup fab and add water up to 20oz. For 2 briskets I usually pump in only about 8-9oz of injection.

I'd agree with taste as the Fab does provide not only a distinctive taste over beef broth but a jucier brisket. Now the beef broth and dales combo I've done the brisket came out moist and excellent but for comps I would use the Fab.

Fab has the following ingredients:

FAB B
Contains: Hydrolyzed soy protein, vegetable oil (soybean and or corn, cottonseed), sodium phosphates, mono sodium glutamate, autolyzed yeast extract, disodium inosinate and guanylate, xanthan gum.
FAB B Lite
Contains: Hydrolyzed soy protein, vegetable oil (soybean and or corn, cottonseed), sodium phosphates, mono sodium glutamate, autolyzed yeast extract, disodium inosinate and guanylate, xanthan gum.
FAB C
Contains: Hydrolyzed soy protein, partially hydrogenated soybean, cottonseed and peanut oils, sodium phosphates, mono sodium glutamate, autolyzed yeast extract, disodium inosinate and guanylate, xanthan gum.
FAB P
Contains: Hydrolyzed soy protein, partially hydrogenated soybean, cottonseed and peanut oils, sodium phosphates, mono sodium glutamate, autolyzed yeast extract, disodium inosinate and guanylate, xanthan gum.

I don't mean to offend any one, but there seems to be a lot of chemicals in that there stuff that I'd rather not consume, or have others consume. I see a lot of trans fat by-products (any oil that's hydrogenated), and MSG.

I know of, myself included, people that are alergic to MSG.

But I guess that if it works for you, then go for it. For now I'll stick with some age old tested secrets for my briskets and other meats.

Tim

Back
Top Bottom