Liability Insurance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kloset BBQR

Executive Chef
I've decided to put all this BBQ equipment to use and try to do some on site cooking/catering. Can anyone recommend a company that specializes in insurance for caterers, how much insurance should be carried, and a ball park guess as to what the insurance should cost.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. I assume most of you have set up
a legal entity around your business. Does your insurance cover both your corporation and you personally should someone decide to sue your corporation and you both separately and/or jointly?

I have two separate policies. I have a business liability insurance which is around $320 and an inland marine policy for insurance on the equipment and well as insurance for the trailer while it is being towed. Most will say you do not need a policy as well as it is being towed but the truck's coverage is ONLY a liabilty policy...whatever I hit, the pit hits, etc. is covered by the liabilty but whatever damage is caused TO the pit is not covered. I have a separate pit policy for while it is being towed. The pit is covered by 3 policies to ensure it is insured 24/7/365. The liabilty portion of my insurance for cateing is around $300 or so. I'm not sure what you have now in the way of insurance on your pits but for I needed to make sure my coverages protected me and my equipment and this policy is the result of that. Give me a call some time for more details.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom