Pushing the limits of my WSMs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm planning on putting the brisket and butts on one WSM and I have a Rib rack that should allow me to get 6 racks on the top rack and I'll put the remaining 3 racks on the bottom. I'm also going to try to get the rib tips on there somewhere too. I'll post picks as I load them.

Well I just got home from work at 1:30 and I can't sleep right away so I always check the board.

Well I'll be hittin' the sack pretty soon, looking forward to your pics in the morning with my coffee. Good luck on your cook Rooster.

Rooster, here's four racks of spares that I cut in half and got onto one rack of the WSM. I can't find pic's right now but I've done 6 racks of loin backs on the top rack, you just need to stack them ontop of the ribs in the rib rack. Kevin "Stogie" Taylor a BBQ Guru once did 9 racks using this method as well. Just when you stack them make sure you have proper air flow, if this is the route you take.

Man that is a load of food :shock:
I'm doing a similar cook Sunday (one WSM, 6racks of bb's & a brisket) my question is now answered on how to fit it all on.
Pics looked great 8)

Well I have good news and bad news. The good news everything turned out excellent. The bad news The guy who ordered the BBQ showed up a little early and I didn't get to take more pictures. I promis the ribs looked just like ribs and the brisket looked just like brisket, etc. I also want to thank Diva one more time for giving the insite on fitting all those ribs. I bet I could fit at least 12 racks on 1 WSM now.

Back
Top Bottom