I got a mention for something other than BBQ

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Greg Rempe

Web Celeb
Moderator Emeritus
Aside from BBQ I am a big wine guy. Seems when I turned 32 last year my pallet changed and wine was finally agreeable to me!

So I have been trying to learn a lot about it and find what I like to drink. I came across a daily wine tasting video podcast called WLTV . The host is quite a character, but, he has a great way of articulating the taste in his mouth. It's worth the look if you don't know who this guy is...but he is fast becoming a force in the wine world and the internet.

So, I started doing an audio show that "Recaps" his video show in 3-5 minutes...and he gave me a mention and a link on his show yesterday (show 241) the mention is at the end of the show and the link is at the bottom of the page. Needless to say I am getting a big surge in traffic!! 8)

I was happy to get the exposure and the recognition for the work put in. You can hear my work at www.wltvuncorked.wordpress.com and it is also available in I-Tunes as well.

Just tooting my horn! :D

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
That's great Greg. So how do you rate MD2020? :LOL:

WWHHOOO WEE that brings back bad memories [smilie=rlp_smilie_207.gif] I like wine too & I cook lots of things with wine. I allways have a bottle in the frige for adding to recipes

Greg Rempe said:
Aside from BBQ I am a big wine guy. Seems when I turned 32 last year my pallet changed and wine was finally agreeable to me!

So I have been trying to learn a lot about it and find what I like to drink. I came across a daily wine tasting video podcast called WLTV . The host is quite a character, but, he has a great way of articulating the taste in his mouth. It's worth the look if you don't know who this guy is...but he is fast becoming a force in the wine world and the internet.

So, I started doing an audio show that "Recaps" his video show in 3-5 minutes...and he gave me a mention and a link on his show yesterday (show 241) the mention is at the end of the show and the link is at the bottom of the page. Needless to say I am getting a big surge in traffic!! 8)

I was happy to get the exposure and the recognition for the work put in. You can hear my work at www.wltvuncorked.wordpress.com and it is also available in I-Tunes as well.

HELLO AND WELCOME TO WINE LIBRARY TV, I'M YOUR HOST GARY VAY-NER-CHUCK
WOW ANOTHER VAYNIAC!!! Welcome to the club brother I've been watchin that for a year but didn't want to say anything for fear people on here would think I play on the other team.
We're changin the wine world, aren't we? :LOL:

SteerCrazy said:
Greg Rempe said:

WOW ANOTHER VAYNIAC!!! Welcome to the club brother I've been watchin that for a year but didn't want to say anything for fear people on here would think I play on the other team.

He can be a little over the top but I appreciate his honesty and he is funny as hell!!...what did you think of the Recap Shows??

Greg Rempe said:
SteerCrazy said:
www.wltvuncorked.wordpress.com[/url] and it is also available in I-Tunes as well.

He can be a little over the top but I appreciate his honesty and he is funny as hell!!...what did you think of the Recap Shows??[/quote:ccfy7x4v]

You should watch show #1 compared to the current show. And yes, honest and funny but he has helped me a lot regarding tastings. Haven't listened to the Recap but you got some nice plugs for BBQ Central I see :shock: :LOL:

I'm under WinoDan on that forum but I don't post much....too much goin on over there. I left a shameless plug over there :LOL:

great job on the recaps! looks like you got an 'in' over there. I love that Nora , picked up a 1/2 case from them when he tasted it about 6 months or so ago.

Daddy's KungfuBBQ said:
What wines are you drinking? Doing any collecting? I have been collecting Barolos for several years now (mostly 97 - our anniversary). I also have a couple of 96s from the same producer - but different fields. I cannot believe the difference in taste - especially and the land is all within about a sq mile! The Italian Wine Merchants in NYC are excellent and the prices are reasonable. They don't display the bulk of their wines so when you buy you know that you aren't getting a wine that cooked in some display window.

I'm not collecting. I do have some nice bottles set aside for later consumption. In the red's I prefer the zins, chianti's, not a pinot noir fan (had a corked bottle and it was nasty) cabs. Picked up some nice chilean red blends. Whites I'm diggin the NZ Sauv Blancs, got some '05 riesling that is supposed to be the best since '91 or '92 I believe, expensive though. You can get some great NZ sauv blancs for a good price.
I've got a Philip Togni for consumption in about 5 years and a couple bottles of Phelps Insignia for that special meal (maybe a smoked prime rib). Been enjoying the albarino's as of late too.

:cheers [smilie=yawn1.gif] [smilie=yawn1.gif] [smilie=yawn1.gif] [smilie=yawn1.gif] [smilie=yawn1.gif]

I like the Spanish Reds...mostly great on the price point and drink very well too! I have a case of the 2001 Marques De Riscal Rioja...its great!! and I found a online merchant that has it for $9 a bottle vs the $16 a bottle at the wine stores in Cleveland!! :D

Greg,

Why don't you add a wine Thread?

I have a good friend, that is the wine writer for the Sun newspaper chain
in Canada, man do we get to taste a lot of wine. He has case's sent to him every week to try!

Wine and BBQ a real good mix!
Cheers

I’m having a hard time believing that a man that cooks with mesiqute :P :D could have a discerning palate…….Nice to see you getting some props…

Daddy's KungfuBBQ said:
When it comes to whites my favorite is a Washington Gewurtztraminer. They are unbelievable. Something from Hogue or Chateau Ste. Michele.

My favorite reds have been CalItals from Viansa winery in California. I can honestly say that I have never had a bottle that I don't like.

Not a Gewurtztraminer fan but I've heard the Chateau St Michele is great!

Greg Rempe said:
I like the Spanish Reds...mostly great on the price point and drink very well too! I have a case of the 2001 Marques De Riscal Rioja...its great!! and I found a online merchant that has it for $9 a bottle vs the $16 a bottle at the wine stores in Cleveland!! :D

I've picked up a few Rioja's as well. I do enjoy them very much!

Captain Morgan said:
This thread bores me. Let's talk about me instead.

I rock.

:roll: :LOL: :LOL:

For you wine guys you need to check out on the FINE LIVING CHANNEL a show called Simply Wines with Andrea Immer. She also does a show about food pairings and wine. Check the Fine Living website to get more info.

Texas gal living in Napa. She recently 'smoked' a brisket in her oven :shock: Other than that, it's a great show, good info!

Greg...

work on pairing wine with BBQ... reds should pair better with the Q than whites..

At the AB comp in Danville I served a Chardonnay with the Lime pepper grilled salmon we did and it was a BIG hit.. just ask Bill.. one of the judges wrote down the wine we served em...

Pair it up right and it can compliment well.. if you don't .. you have ruined the taste of your food.

your tastes will progress from sweet whites, to dry whites, to light reds to heavy reds...

I love wine and experimenting with pairing wine with food... Beer is great and I wouldnt give up my beer for anything.. but wine is for the sophisticated palate...

Back
Top Bottom