Foster Parenting for 1st time. UPDATE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
You are truly doing God's work.

With regard to the biological mother, I refuse to call her a parent; I refer you to my signature line.

Your a better man than I....I dont know that I could have a child in my home, treat them as my own, then after a period of time, send them back to the problem...God bless you...

We had a drunk mother going 100 miles an hour clip a phone pole the other night. Killed the two year old toddler in the backseat. Kid was lucky. Saved him from a life with this woman. She'll prolly have another within 11 months of getting out of jail. I say, strerilize em! The "bad choices" your gal made, was spreading her legs for all those different a-holes. STERILIZE HER TOO!!!!!!

The only thing I can add is make sure you document EVERYTHING. It may help in the re-placement of the child. Keep up the good work Z.

You and your wife has chosen a noble proffession.

As tough as it may be to handle sometimes I'm sure you will be working with the backing from a higher power.

Little Cameron and your family are in my prayers.......God Bless for your humanity and kindness! :D

Good job!!

Mt 10:42 And whosoever shall give to drink unto one of these little ones a cup of cold water only in the name of a disciple, verily I say unto you, he shall in no wise lose his reward.

bigwheel

God Bless you. One day I would love to be a foster parent, unfortunatly, my fiance would probably DO the things to the biological parents that you are thinking. I wish I was joking.

We are having a bit of a rash of child abuse hitting the news around here. One mother strangled her two toddlers to death. A woman's boyfriend beat her 4 year old to death because he did not make it to the potty in time. That was just last week. We have also had a video of a four year old smoking dope hit the news in th past month. Not everything makes it into the news.

I can only imagine how much it must pain you to think of the things that baby has gone through, and will go through in the future. I know it makes me want to go hunting, too. God is sure testing your strength, right now. I will be praying for you.

Great Job. God bless you! Your post takes me back many years when my ex-wife married a guy that liked to whoop up on my two sons. I told a friend about it and he told me he knew of a few guys that could solve the problem. I never saw the two guy's and was instructed to go out and eat with my girlfriend (now my wife) at a local place at a certain time and date. He then told me the next day that it would never happen again. I guess the two guy's went over to the house when the butt head was alone and explained that he was never to touch my kid's ever again! Till this day I don't know what they said, or did. BUT it never happened again! Would I ever do it again? You bet I would. For any one! Best hundred bucks I ever spent.

Don't care Greg. That was many years ago. Plus my friend that took care of the problem has been out of state for 15 years. Also my ex is on her 5th husband now. :LOL: What would you do if some scum was whooping on your kid's? Oh I'll just call the police? Been there, done that. Child abuse is BIGGER than anyone can imagine. These dirt bags must be stopped within the law or out side the law if deemed necessary. I have NO remorse on my actions!

FWIW: Whether or not "the judge" is "some idiot," he or she has little choice about whether or not to return Cameron to his mother. Judges have to follow the law. States make their laws within the Federal requirement of a strong policy favoring intact families.

In almost every State, in the case of an unfit parent, the State must offer the parent a chance to rehabilitate him or herself, usually by attending classes. Family Courts don't have a lot of leeway in terms of what they can require of parents -- especially parents who don't have a long history of getting caught. Classes and a limited amount of therapy is pretty much the limit.

Also, I can't tell you how many times I've hear abusive parents complain about how harsh the system is, how they were unfairly treated, how they didn't do anything other than discipline their kids in a normal way, etc., etc., before some meddler brought the cops in. We've all heard it. And you know what? Sometimes it's true.

Anyway, during the period the State assumes responsibility for the children, it's the policy of most States to place the children with relatives, when possible. Again within the policy of maintaing intact families. Lucky children find themselves in the care of good people like you. The unluckest end up in group homes. When the parent has successfully completed the court assigned program, the court MUST return the children. There's only a limited amount of monitoring and evaluating the court can impose on the parent's rehabilitation because the State's limited resources.

Bottom Line: "Family" is sometimes just a way of saving money. A blood relationship does not automatically confer good parenting. A real social-welfare system that actually takes the best interests of the children in its care seriously costs a LOT OF MONEY. Unless and until we're willing to pay for it, it ain't gonna happen.

Thank you for what you're doing, and my wish that only good things happen for Cameron.

Rich

Greg Rempe said:
Not saying your wrong, Pigs...I just would have not said anything about it...Kids come first!
Your right Greg. Kid's first. But if the scum that continue to do it after being arrested and locked up for a short time keeps it up, what is a person to do? I'd still do it again or help any one with the same problem to stop child abuse. That's my story, and I'll stick to it till my dieing day. Ever lost a son because of abuse? I have. NUFF SAID!

Keep up the great work Neil! Hope Cameron somehow grows up as happy and healthy as he can be in a stable household! God Bless you and your family for such an unselfish deed!

Z keep up the good work and patience is a virtue. The difference you and the "mom" is that you can control the dark side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom