Yep, Danville was costly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
After being up most of the night and having a few "Pop a top with foam on tops" my nephiew was driving us home. Gary was leading the way and I was dozing off in the passangers seat. Gary calls and said that he thinks my top to my WSM was missing. We pull over and sure enough the cover and lid had blown off. Well, we went back about 15 miles but to no avail.

Called Weber on Sunday and ordered a new lid. The guy cut me some slack on the price. Regulary $49 but gave it to me for $32. With shipping the cost came to $39. Expensive lesson: USE BUNGIES they are cheap.

Now somebody's going to be saying, "How the hell did this get here?" :LOL:

--John 8)
(Not as mysterious, though, as those lone shoes you see alongside the road. :roll: )

Bill we use these things all the time for tie down points. Unbolt the legs and slide the bolt back through these (usually a buck or less). You then have 3 points to place a bungee or small strap up to the handle as well as a place to tie down to truck or trailer.

[/img]

cflatt said:
Bill we use these things all the time for tie down points. Unbolt the legs and slide the bolt back through these (usually a buck or less). You then have 3 points to place a bungee or small strap up to the handle as well as a place to tie down to truck or trailer.

You can also hook the bungee cord through the handle of the lid and then right around the leg without any modifications. :roll:

Larry Wolfe said:
cflatt said:

You can also hook the bungee cord through the handle of the lid and then right around the leg without any modifications. :roll:

true, I tend not to use bungees though..I hear they're bad for the eyes :D

Captain Morgan said:
Eye injuries aren't so bad...they're a great excuse for
drinking beer in hospital parking lots.

I hear that! :shock: And listening to ball games while sitting the bed of a pick up truck!

I guess I need to keep my eyes open while driving down the interstate. I might be able to collect a complete WSM over time. [smilie=lol_xtreme.gif]

If it's safe to stop, I usually always try to pull off and check boxes on the sides of highways and interstates....I've scored some pretty good stuff doin it.

Oddly the most common thing I find and bring home is pressure treated lumber....works for me... I have a bunch on hand whenever I decide on a project and friends and neighbors always know where to come when they run short.

I'm always in the fear of finding something like a dead body or something in one though.

Captain Morgan said:
(Cappy notes to self not to leave dead bodies in boxes along
the highway)

home-alone-lr.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom