Boudin recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007bond-jb

Master Chef
Here's a classic one I found & no Joe I don't make it, I can get it at any gas station or grocery store hot & fresh made daily.
Ingredients
10 pounds pork roast 3 medium onions whole and 5 shallots
2 bell pepper whole 1 onion
3 bunches green onion chopped fine 1 bunch fresh parsley
1 tsp white pepper 2 tbsp salt
1 1/2 tbsp black pepper 5 tbsp cayenne
9 3/4 cup cooked rice 1 package of casing

Directions
In a large stock pot with enough water to cover the entire contents of pot, boil together the pork, 5 shallots, 3 onions, and 2 bell peppers until meat separates from the bone. Remove roast from water and then remove fat from meat. Reserve stock.

With a meat grinder, grind together the meat with the boiled onion, shallots and peppers. Also grind in a raw whole onion. Return the meat mixture to the pot and add the green onion and parsley, both chopped fine. Add the white pepper, salt, black pepper and cayenne. Stir thoroughly.

Add rice to the mixture and keep the consistency "wet" but not to wet. Stuff the boudoin mixture into the casing, make boudoin balls or eat as a rice dressing. Boudoin goes so well with cracklins.

Because there is a substantial amount of boudoin, most of it will be frozen. To serve, thaw boudoin. Heat water to boiling; place boudoin in water and boil for 10 minutes. Remove and serve. Or if making boudoin balls roll in a small amount of bread crumbs before freezing. To serve, thaw and cook in the oven at 350 for 20 minutes turning balls once or deep fat fry until golden brown.

Im with you oompappy...I dont eat no boudan which dont have liver. I tried it once and like to make me puke. Hard to find pork liver around these parts for some reason. I think chicken liver would work just fine as a replacement. Sure tastes good in Dirty Rice..which I got a theory is Boudan which aint been stuffed in a gut.

bigwheel

oompappy said:
No pork liver???

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom