Crawfish & Shrimp Etoufee' for JB

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bruce B

Master Chef
OK, JB, how y'all are? Here is some crawfish & shrimp etoufee made with some authentic Louisiana crawfish, some Zatarain's rice, and some shrimp I bought up here.

I had to put the shrimp in to satisfy my daughter who is not a big crawfish fan, but when she got done she said it was really good, so I guess she likes 'em.

The "Trinity" with some about 4 cloves of chopped garlic.

Chopped them all up with my new Vidalia Chopper, this thing is amazing; comes with extra blade and a little clean out tool. Very sharp Stainless Steel blades. Very uniform cut.

Spices; we got some kosher salt, black pepper, fresh thyme, bay leaf, parsley and some Emeril's Essence. (any cajun seasoning will do)

Sauteeing up the trinity along with the gahlic.

Let the veggies cool a little while making the roux, I cheated a little here and used Savoie's Light Roux, from Louisiana.

The guests of honor have arrived, 1lb of Louisiana Crawfish wit dem fat, and some shrimps I got at the store with some seasoning on them.

Put the trinity and all the spices into the roux and mix up real good.

Then after a little while add the shrimp and crawfish, a little lemon juice and heat through.

Some of that good fluffy Zatarain's rice and some etoufee, dinner is ready, now whered I put dat pop wit da foam on top?

ENJOY!!!!!

Oh my lordy.

One of my favs.

hmmmm now that would be worth the drive

how do you like the chopper??

I don't have one of those.

2003889259239780791_th.jpg

Mmm, got enough for seconds? :D

--John 8)

GO head Bruce Yes sir that looks fine. I might just whip one up today. How did you like it? or is that a stupid question?

007bond-jb said:
GO head Bruce Yes sir that looks fine. I might just whip one up today. How did you like it? or is that a stupid question?

Well if you really want to know...the etoufee's I have had in the past have had lighter roux's, even though the Savoi'e said Light Roux, it seemed a little dark. I really enjoyed it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom