MSOTMB Norfolk turn ins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Chicken finished 18th with the following scores
998 978 878 996 788 878

Ribs we got robbed in. Finished 27th
878 876 868 878 866 889

Pork was the best we have ever done IMHO. Finished 17th
768 889 866 888 889 877

Brisket was a little different than I usually do it. But thats why we have a good team to talk about and compair notes. Finished 26th.
778 877 877 887 878 867

The contest provided us with Turkey legs to cook any way we wanted. We were supposed to get a whole turkey so I did up a brine and planned on using Wolfe Rub on the turkey. To our suprise, we just got legs. We did them the same way. Finished 17th
667 876 886 777 888 876

thank you for sharing your turn ins. They look wonderful.

ps- you have two pics of your chicken but no pics of ribs.

I was gonna say, the ribs probably didn't do to well...they look
like chicken.

I thought the chicken and pork looked outstanding...that
must have been some tough competition. Your brisket always
looks good.

Diva Q said:
thank you for sharing your turn ins. They look wonderful.

ps- you have two pics of your chicken but no pics of ribs.

Thanks Diva, I fixed it. Still a little groggy this morning.

Captain Morgan said:
did you guys do anything different to move up so much this week?

I found out that the chicken I used in Salisbury was inhanced. Didn't pay much attention to that when I bought it from Sams because thats where I always get it. They changed brands to Perdue and it was inhanced. The chiken we used this week was ALANATURAL. Nothing injected. I also changed the sauce for the chicken. MUCH MORE BETTER.

The only change in the brisket was I didnt put my secret finish sauce on it I used my chiken sauce instead. Not sure if that made any difference. The pork was a creation between Gary and I. He had the rub and I had the sauce. They complimented each other very nice. No change in the Ribs. We turned in BB and they may have been a little fattie.

Bill,

Great looking pics. Congratulations on your finish and special congratulations on getting that picture with Lee Ann. That's a keeper.

It was great to meet you. I'm sorry that we didn't get more time to talk. We were so far behind as you could tell (still prepping chicken at around 8 in the morning) and we didn't catch up until turn in. I hope our paths cross again soon.

As Bill said... I think it was some of the best Q we have turned in.. especially the pork. I wasn't totally pleased with the doneness of the ribs.. They may not quite have been right on the mark.... We worked great as a team and took each others opinions and suggestions. I personally think our brisket was on the mark.. I think we have some "tweaking" ideas floating between us.

Overall I was happy considering the competition. It was a great contest despite the rain... and not getting our name called... and I must say my partner made some of the damn best chicken I have ever tasted... we got robbed there too.

good contest.. we should have got some money...

Back
Top Bottom