Cybersauce #1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pigs On The Wing BBQ

Master Chef
Cybersauce #1

5 large yellow onions -- finely chopped
2 each green bell peppers -- finely chopped
18 cloves garlic -- minced
1/2 cup ground New mexican chile
2 tablespoons cumin seed -- roasted and ground
8 tablespoons dry mustard
4 cups cider vinegar
7 1/2 pounds catsup
6 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
3 each limes -- juiced
1 1/2 tablespoons black pepper
2 teaspoons white pepper
2 cups brown sugar
1 1/2 cups molasses
Saute first 3 ingredients until soft. Add next 3 ingredients and cook over high heat for about 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for about two hours. Remove from heat and let cool. Puree sauce in a food processor until smooth.

NOTES : This was my second attempt at this recipe, CyberSauce created by the fine folks on Rick Thead's BBQ mailing list. This recipe varies from the actual ingredients submitted by some list members. The nuac nam was omitted because I didn't have any on hand. I substituted lime juice in place of lemon peel because I like limes. I was going to creat a mild and a hot version of this sauce, so in this recipe I declined to use the chipotle peppers, which I think would have been great. I'm not too fond of rosemary so I chose not to use it. I thought the sauce should be sweeter so I added the molasses as a last minute idea. And last but not least, the first batch I made I included the pickling spices but left it out of the second batch as I thought the flavor was overwhelming. I hope no one takes offense to my omitting some of the ingredients. The sauce turned out very good and I'm sure some of you could improve it even more.

Posted By: Kurt Lucas
Post Date: April 97

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom