RESULTS: BEEF Rub Game Ver. 1.0

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cool idea FATZ ... I like it ... I haven't tried building custom rubs yet, only modified, so I expect I can learn from this one

Unfortunately for me you took the filler, paprika

Since this is for beef I'll try to be bold and respond with:

2 TBSP mustard powder

Ya know, being a Carolina boy and dealing mostly with pork, maybe I should retract my woos powder.

Friend of mine went to Tejas and brought me back 2 bottles...I've only used half of one in 6 months....a lot sweeter than the sauce...anyway,
when I think beef I think woos sauce...which is why I don't mess with Texans!!! :)

FATZ said:
Larry Wolfe said:
BLACK PEPPER! They were made for eachother!

How much? I like fresh ground black pepper a lot.

Fatz, I'm with you "I love black pepper"! I normally use 1/2 cup black pepper to a 1/4 cup of salt when making a base for beef rub. Then add whatever herbs, spices and sugar to taste. In my honest opinion, you do not want to over season beef. It has great flavors of it's own, keep it simple.

Captain Morgan said:
Ya know, being a Carolina boy and dealing mostly with pork, maybe I should retract my woos powder.

Friend of mine went to Tejas and brought me back 2 bottles...I've only used half of one in 6 months....a lot sweeter than the sauce...anyway,
when I think beef I think woos sauce...which is why I don't mess with Texans!!! :)
I think if this game is gonna work, there can be no retractions or edits/mods. once the game admin says we are at the end of ingrediants THEN we can try to finalize the proportions. If our concoction isn't gonna work so be it. We will just play again.

If submissions can be retracted it could get tough.

It just might be hardest to enter the final couple of ingrediants.

Sound ok or not?

I'm glad someone understands what's going on here...Couple/3 too many beers here I guess..... :eek:

:razz: :razz: :razz:

FATZ said:
So far we got:

1/2 c black pepper
1/4 c smoked sweet Hungarian paprika
1/4 c worcestershire powder
2 T. mustard powder

Fatz, dont' forget the salt! 1/4 cup to what we have so far looks good to me! If you become a millionaire from this rub, all of us want a %! :eek:

Got it now...
guess I read that initial post wrong... :eek: MAN!! I can really screw this up!! :razz: :razz: Butt, I won't..

Thanks for clarifying..

FATZ said:
I have already added paprika to this mix. I am only allowed one ingredient. Someone who has not participated yet must specify an amount of some sort of salt, flavored or not, to get the salt there.

Okay, I'll suggest 1/4 cup. This is Jim Minion posting from Larry Wolfe's computer. He had me over for ribs and chicken, and I've got to say it's some of the best eats I've ever ate!

Jim

You need sugar should be at least equal to salt content.
You choose white, brown or turbinado.
Jim
PS worch powder and paprika levels to high and where is the chili pepper?

Back
Top Bottom