Little Bit of Cooking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
50* and rainy here…got a little bit of cooking going on here today…
Mikey checks the injection…

D’s turn

All pumped up

Whats this on Buford? Looks like dinner for tonight….

I’ve also got 2 butts to go on Lazy Q with the beef shoulders and a lectric full of jerky and a few fatties to go on later....and maybe something else... the smoke is really flying around here today..

Cliff H. said:
You gonna eat All them ribs ? :LOL:

They are looking real good.
I gott a couple of orders for some stuff....but the kids are growing boys :D
One of the racks was done with Bruce's rub...can't wait to try it...

Looks very good.

I was going to do some ribs today but we went to Chili's last night and I decided to try their Memphis rub style ribs (DON"T BOTHER GUYS) they were awful. I actually only added the ribs to my entree.

Are the boys cooking on their grills today?

cleglue said:
Looks very good.

I was going to do some ribs today but we went to Chili's last night and I decided to try their Memphis rub style ribs (DON"T BOTHER GUYS) they were awful. I actually only added the ribs to my entree.

Are the boys cooking on their grills today?
No but they are making the adjustments on the offset.... ;)
I can no longer eat ribs out...
and wait till you see the WSM getting loaded up later..

Ribs is done

Breakfast tomarrow…

The ribs were smoked with a mix of Hickory and Cherry wood and Hump Lump and then give the SS mop midway thru the cook...I used my rub on 5 racks and Bruces on the other...Bruce you got a mighty fine rub there..Big Chief..
Getting ready to fire up the WSM now…more pics to follow....hope I dont' run out of beer...

Finished prepping the beef shoulders that were injected earlier in the day….and rubbed down with S&P and some Worchy….

And rubbed the Butts….With the Syndicate Rub Out

The WSM is now loaded and ready to go..see you in the am….gotta run the Pens just stoped by…

Yes I will smoke just about anything. :D
The shoulder is the same family as chuck....or so I've been told...it is supposed to have a real good beefy flavor...I was told to treat it like a chuck/butt...there is a lot of tough connective tissue that needs to break down but the results are supposed to be worth it......WSM has settled in at temp and the meat is at 119* everything should be done by my bed time tomarrow afternoon...

Temp dropped some over the night..but everything is good...meat is at it 165* stall right about where I figured it would be....added a litle more charcoal and while the door was opened snaged a piece of the shoulder..pretty tastey...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom