PC People

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not meaning to be snide....but what did this program do for you?

What did you have for previous Antivirus, Spyware, and MalWare protection? Did you regularly check you drive for errors, Defrag, clear %System% temp files....etc.

Just curious.

Just courious here but what happens in 30 days when you dont want to buy it? Do all the problems come back? I am not trying to be funny but the free stuff that I have tried only detects the problems. If you want anything fixed you have to buy it. It would be worth downloading the free version if the fix is permanant.

wboggs said:
ScottyDaQ said:
Not meaning to be snide....but what did this program do for you?

What did you have for previous Antivirus, Spyware, and MalWare protection? Did you regularly check you drive for errors, Defrag, clear %System% temp files....etc.

Just curious.
Yes to all but the MalWare. Since I shut down my business all I use the computer for is email, research, this kind of stuff and keeping track of things. I tend to download a lot of games to play till the free period runs out and other kinds of "junking up the system" things. It's been a good 4 or 5 years since I loaded the current configuration and plain and simple there were 79 broken shortcuts, 15mb of Internet junk and my registry was a mess. That resulted in a computer that occasionally flashed a blue screen and either froze of shut down, all night long the computer activates itself and the screen lights up only to eventually go back to screen saver then on again, constantly; when I would type something on this Forum, for example, I would be typing along and the letters would quit appearing and the computer would be frozen for a few minutes (this might happen as many as 3 times in one attempt to post something). Lets see what else; Quicken, my checking account, disappeared for a day and then I couldn't open the account just the software. Lots of annoyances that started adding up to a very long day of formatting the hard drive and starting over. After running System mechanic, everything is fixed and everything runs perfectly like I just reloaded the whole computer. Worth it to me; especially since all that got fixed for free.

Well, I'm glad it worked out for you. ;)
I'm always skeptical about programs that I, or other IT Professionals that I work with haven't used. The tasks that it does can be done by any advanced user, but in retrospect, for people that aren't that savvy.... It may fix their problems.... (assuming you don't buy it) until the next time (since it's a trial) :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom