MMMmmmmm Brisket

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL no that is $8.80 per kg or $3.99 a pound. That is a pretty good price around here.

Our brisket is always much more that the US.

Diva Q said:
LOL no that is $8.80 per kg or $3.99 a pound. That is a pretty good price around here.

Our brisket is always much more that the US.

If you guys would quit weighing things in kg and go back to pounds it would be a lot cheaper :scratch [smilie=a_smartie.gif]

briskets

Come on down to MN. I buy Briskets for $1.68 at Restuarant Depot.
But, those sure look nice!!!!!
Smoke On!!!!!

Chuckwagoncook said:
I just paid 1.69 at my butcher for a case of briskets. Also paid 1.60 for spares, and 1.17 for butts. My cousin picked up 2 briskets the other day for 1.08, if I had been there I woulda loaded up on them.
I can never find briskets that cheap.

We can get butts up here on average of $1.00 lb and usually they put them on sale even cheaper. I believe last week when I did the 50 lbs of butt I got them all for .47¢ a lb.

wittdog said:
Chuckwagoncook said:
I just paid 1.69 at my butcher for a case of briskets. Also paid 1.60 for spares, and 1.17 for butts. My cousin picked up 2 briskets the other day for 1.08, if I had been there I woulda loaded up on them.
I can never find briskets that cheap.

Super Wally has them for like $1.38, sometimes select, sometimes choice.
I've picked out some nice ones, but not every time.

Diva Q said:
We can get butts up here on average of $1.00 lb and usually they put them on sale even cheaper. I believe last week when I did the 50 lbs of butt I got them all for .47¢ a lb.

Ah! The benefits of living somewhere they like making bacon! <sigh> :(

Isn't it strange that one persons off cuts can make such a tasty meal for the rest of the country! :D

Got a few inches of snow up there huh? :shock:
Can't wait to see the briskets taking some heat ;)

Re: briskets

wboggs said:
I can buy briskets for that too; in this case we're talking brisket flats. Flats is the good stuff, the best part; when you get the junk too it's cheaper like you're saying.

I beg to differ. I'd just buy the points if I could. Properly prepared burnt ends are the bomb...

I don't think I've ever paid more then $1.50 a pound for cases of packers.

Back
Top Bottom