Little Indoor Cooking w/my helper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
All indoor cooking this weekend and my soon to be 5 year old "Cathryn" was more than willing to help daddy! We cooked hamburgers and fries Friday night. Then last night we had snow crabs, popcorn shrimp, clam strips and crab cakes. I was planning on smoking a meat loaf on the WSM but we gotta surprise this morning. So I'll be cooking the meat loaf as well as some braised short ribs inside today! Pic's of the "surprise" are below! :eek: :eek:

Nice job Larry! Nice to see you following traditions like wittdog does teaching the kids! ;) To bad I started cooking so late in life, I would have loved to have cooked with my kids! You should move north, we haven't had a surprise like that yet this winter, maybe tonight! Nice job buddy! :D

Some surprise... I guess I shouldn't complain about our cold drizzle. I managed to get two butts cooked yesterday before the rain started.

Those crab cakes look GOOD! :D

brian j said:
i like the pic of the snow on the wsm's... but i'm still leaving mine under the porch. :D

we got ~ 3" of snow and it's still coming down hard. i'm still hoping the weather drones are wrong and it doesn't switch to ice.

We got the ice up here Brian, just got done chiseling off my truck. All the snow missed us and we got the sampler platter of rain, sleet, ice and something that at times looked like hail...go figure.

Bruce B said:
[quote="brian j":16wxaq03]i like the pic of the snow on the wsm's... but i'm still leaving mine under the porch. :D

we got ~ 3" of snow and it's still coming down hard. i'm still hoping the weather drones are wrong and it doesn't switch to ice.

We got the ice up here Brian, just got done chiseling off my truck. All the snow missed us and we got the sampler platter of rain, sleet, ice and something that at times looked like hail...go figure.[/quote:16wxaq03]

Now that's funny! Not the weather but the phrase you used!

Captain Morgan said:
Can't wait to see the little Cat in April.

She's looking forward to it too! She says "daddy when are we going to see Captain Morgan and Popeye (your friend with a hurt eye) "Woody"! LOL It's amazing what several hours waiting in a hospital making sure Woody was okay will make a kid remember!! :shock:

SteerCrazy said:
Nice job....nothin like some good boxed crab cakes ;) :LOL: had to give ya heck

The shrimp and clams were indeed boxed, the crab cakes were not!! Study up next time young man! :roll:

Larry Wolfe said:
SteerCrazy said:
Nice job....nothin like some good boxed crab cakes ;) :LOL: had to give ya heck

The shrimp and clams were indeed boxed, the crab cakes were not!! Study up next time young man! :roll:

Aw c'mon Larry, she cooked a better meal than you, don't take it out on me! :D

Looks like Cat had a great time. I'm bettin that the "surprise" wasn't so bad after all. Cooking with your kids is something that you and they remember as a good time..... well..... forever ! :D

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom