Two Pork Loins on the WSM

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
Well, after doing the 4 for christmas I got an order for 2 for a birthday party. They wanted the loins and the apole chutney. Also have two crock pots of meatballs I am doing for the appetizers. Got the WSM cranked up and chuggin along. Just put on some Cheder cheese brats for lunch. ;)

SteerCrazy said:
Looks great Bill, never done a loin on the WSM before. Might have to do that this weekend. :)

Brine them for 24 hours first. I use the same brine that I do turkeys in.

Lunch is ready.

Finney said:
What temp you cooking those loins "at" (WSM) and "to" (meat)?

The dome temp is at 265-270. I am going to bring the loins up to 145*. The customer will then reheat. I plan on slicing them and Vacume Seal them with some of the chutney.

Finney said:
Bill The Grill Guy said:
Finney said:
What temp you cooking those loins "at" (WSM) and "to" (meat)?

The dome temp is at 265-270. I am going to bring the loins up to 145*. The customer will then reheat. I plan on slicing them and Vacume Seal them with some of the chutney.
Sounds good. How much you charge for those?

For this one I am probably losing my ARS. Getting $100 for the 2 loins and the meatballs. BUT, this is for a friend.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
SteerCrazy said:
Looks great Bill, never done a loin on the WSM before. Might have to do that this weekend. :)

Brine them for 24 hours first. I use the same brine that I do turkeys in.

Lunch is ready.

Thanks for the tip.....did you rub down the loins with anything special??

Sliced. The pic is a little pinker than they are. I cant find my new camera and had to use this old one.

Back
Top Bottom