crawfish boudin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007bond-jb

Master Chef
SEAFOOD BOUDIN

Ingredients needed:

2 pounds crawfish tails
1/3 cup chopped green onions
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup brandy
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper
3 cups cooked medium-grain rice
2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
1 1/2-inch diameter casings, about 4 feet in length
1/4 teaspoon black peppercorns
1 yellow onion, quartered
4 lemon slices
1 bay leaf
4 tbsp butter

In a food processor, combine the crawfish, shrimp, shallots, cream, brandy, salt, cayenne, and pepper. Turn the mixture into a mixing bowl. Stir in the rice and parsley.

Using the feeding tube on a mixer, stuff the seafood mixture into the casings to make 3-inch links. Bring a large saucepan of salted water up to a boil. Add the peppercorns, onion, lemon slices and bay leaf and cook for 2 minutes. Add the sausage and poach until firm to the touch and plump, about 5 minutes. Remove from the water and let cool. In a large saute pan, over medium heat, melt the butter. Pan-fry the sausage for 3 to 4 minutes on each side. They can be steamed to reheat if you got any left :roll:

In your recipe directions, you mention shrimp, but it is not in the ingredient list. If it is supposed to be there, how many pounds of shrimp? The recipe sound good as is. If I want to fry them as boudin balls, do I just meal them like fish and deep fry?

Damar12 said:
In your recipe directions, you mention shrimp, but it is not in the ingredient list. If it is supposed to be there, how many pounds of shrimp? The recipe sound good as is. If I want to fry them as boudin balls, do I just meal them like fish and deep fry?
1lb shrimp & 1lb crawfish or 2lbs of one only.
Yes meal em & fry em up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom