Flank Steak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SteerCrazy

Head Chef
we usually just throw em on the grill til nice and med rare....never smoked one. Would like to see how it turns out though if you decide to smoke it

Like Dan said just sear it until no more than med-rare, rare is even better! Cut thin on a bias against the grain and it will literally melt in your mouth. Flank steak is a fantastic candidate for marinading! One fantastic marinade that comes to mind is a chimichurri, which traditionally consists of a combination of EVOO, sherry vinegar, parsley, oregano, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. There are tons of recipes on the internet so if you're interested do a search!

we always marinate our flank steak....worsty, garlic, salt, pepper is a good combo....soy sauce or tear-e-yucki, garlic, ginger is always good. Can't go wrong with a combo like that

kimmal said:
I can see the purchase of a Weber Kettle during the summer. Firing up the gasser just isn't the same anymore.

I don't have a Weber Performer but I'm planning on getting one. I have the Weber Kettle and love it but I think the Performer would be great.

Click here Weber Performer

Here is a cheaper site I'm looking at that someone else pointed out a few weeks ago.
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/search.as ... mit=Submit

Think it should make good chili meat if you want to grind it up. Maybe a little cheap fat breakfast sausage in there with it to give some flavor. Just trying to think of some uses for the stuff.

bigwheel

Hey if you are bored fire up the WSM and make more of your chicken!!

I will trade you next weekend for some decent ribs :)

Cold smoking with any kind of smoker aint difficult. Takes a wally world one eyed hot plate and a pie pan. Actually you dont even need a smoker. A cardboard box works just fine. Learnt that trick from the old Frugal Prevert.

bigwheel

cleglue said:
kimmal said:
I can see the purchase of a Weber Kettle during the summer. Firing up the gasser just isn't the same anymore.

I don't have a Weber Performer but I'm planning on getting one. I have the Weber Kettle and love it but I think the Performer would be great.

Click here Weber Performer

Here is a cheaper site I'm looking at that someone else pointed out a few weeks ago.
http://www.crateandbarrel.com/search.as ... mit=Submit

I have a Performer and absolutely love it!! I'd certainly recommend getting one! The price from Crate and Barrel even with the $49 shipping is $20 cheaper than Amazons $299.99 with free shipping. Good deal!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom