Somebody stop me from buying this...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry Cappy, wont talk you out of that. Sweet looking pot there. It would be great for chili cook offs.

That would make one helluva jambalaya pot too. That's got to weigh a ton, not literally, but thats probably more than a one man job to lift it. [smilie=a_whyme.gif]

I can't talk you out of it because it is the same pot that I have and use on a regular basis. It is the same pot you see here.

img_88167_0_a7ff8d40769f76bf83a1af4bdb408bca.jpg

If you make J hook handles, you can handle it by yourself. It weighs about 55 lbs. You will need to make a jacket for it (My brothers specialty, he has made three for that same pot). Because they are cast, each pot is a little different. Our Agri-Supply here in VA has them in stock and I picked out one that looked nice and thick on the bottom with few blemishes. This also means that the jacket really should be custom made. I use the King Kooker 13.5" burner which puts out about 50,000BTU's and can get two 5 hour stews off of a single 20lb tank.

kk_burner.jpg

http://www.shopperschoice.com/item_...13-25_Inch_path_3-51-2110-2122_item_4630.html

Seasoning it will be easy. I'll fill you in later if you need assistance. You will want to take a grinder with a flexible disk to the inside and try to get the little bumps off of the casting before you do. This will save wear and tear on your paddles and make cleanup easier. I have had mine for 3 years and love it.

Chiles

Chiles you bastard, you're the one who got me looking at this!
That pic is the real stuff I grew up on....pm coming your way later
tonight.

As far as storing, I wipe mine down with vegatable oil after every cooking. I live in a very humid area. Never had a rust issue and it stays in the corner of the garage. Just let it dry, wipe it down and put a cover (plywood) to keep dust out.

Don't be afraid of these pots. I really do like cooking with mine.

Chiles

I think you should buy it. You're not fooling anybody here. That's just "walking around" money for you. I also think you should have some brunswick stew waiting on us at SOTB. So there, it's decided. Buy it.

good pot!!

a guy i know has 1 that holds 42 gal hav used it at chili cook-offs and waz way to big ,but after teachin him all i know lol he took his smart ass attiude & his pot...ihav been lookin for one ...gotta have it sendin link to wife ..valentines day soon ;) that almost never works...time to turn on the charm LOL !!!

hmmm....so I sent an email to the company yesterday...no response.
Today I called the 800 number and was told the mailbox was full, and
I couldn't leave a message...but I could page someone by pressing 5.
I did...still no response. hmmmm./

Sorry, Cappy... I'm not going to help save you from yourself. Buy it! I saw the same item from another source at $199.99, plus $119.13 shipping (that's to my location, and would likely be at least that much to yours), so the $152 looks like a deal. [smilie=a_bigteeth.gif]

10443B.jpg

It looks like it belongs in a painting of a frontier fireplace -- a timeless stewpot, the ultimate design. Naaahh, you don't need it, Cap'n. :P

--John 8)

Cappy you NEED that pot. You need it as soon as possible. That is one nice pot right there. Yep I can just see the pictures of that nice pot full of food. :)

Captain Morgan said:
hmmm....so I sent an email to the company yesterday...no response.
Today I called the 800 number and was told the mailbox was full, and
I couldn't leave a message...but I could page someone by pressing 5.
I did...still no response. hmmmm./

Go elsewhere...
http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=20+ ... tnG=Search
None that low in price however. :cry:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom