Messy Giuseppes or Italian Sloppy Joes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
My Captain saw this recipie on the Rachael Ray show a few weeks ago. I couldn't find it on the website so I emailed the show. They sent me this recipie. I will be making for the guys at the firehouse real soon. Sounds fantastic.

http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/?q=videos ... ian-cousin

Messy Giuseppes:

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
1 pound ground, 90 percent lean sirloin
1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 small onion, chopped
5 large garlic cloves, chopped
1 medium portobello mushroom cap, finely chopped
1/8 teaspoon (eyeball it) allspice
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Coarse salt and black pepper
1/2 cup (a couple of glugs) red wine
3/4 cup beef stock
1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 14-ounce can crushed tomatoes
1/4 cup (a generous handful) flat-leaf parsley, chopped
4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
5-8 fresh basil leaves, about 1/4 cup, chopped
1/4 cup (a small handful) grated Parmigiano Reggiano or Romano cheese
4 individual ciabatta rolls or any kind of crusty hoagie rolls
1 ball fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into 8 slices

Preheat the broiler to high.

For the meat sauce, heat a deep skillet or a heavy-bottomed pot over medium-high heat with 2 tablespoons of EVOO, twice around the pan. Add the ground beef and cook until lightly browned, breaking up the meat with the back of a wooden spoon. Add green pepper, onion, 3/4 of the garlic, mushrooms, allspice, red pepper flakes and a little salt and pepper to the beef and cook for about 5-8 minutes.

Add the wine and cook another minute then add the beef stock, Worcestershie and tomatoes. Bring the mixture up to a bubble, reduce the heat to medium-low and gently simmer for 10 minutes. Finish it by stirring in a handful of chopped parsley.

While the meat is simmering, combine the remaining garlic with the soft butter, basil, parmesan cheese and a little salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Split the rolls in half lengthwise without cutting all the way through and separating the halves. Press open the rolls by flattening them out a little bit. Slather the insides with the butter and place 2 slices of the mozzarella on each roll. Toast until golden brown under the broiler, about 2-3 minutes.

Top one side of the cheesy garlic rolls with a heap of meat. Get prepared to get sloppy with Messy Giuseppe!

Yields 4 servings

Uhmmmm that sounds good..and since Rachel Ray is my girlfriend I will have to make this. THanks.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Uhmmmm that sounds good..and since Rachel Ray is my girlfriend I will have to make this. THanks.

bigwheel

I like watchin Every day Itatlian wit Giada De Laurentiis shes a hotti

Rachel Ray comes up with a lot of decent recipes for everyday use. They are not complicated but I have made quite a few of them and they always seem to be enjoyed.

Giada needs to eat a muffin or a cow or something girl is wayyyyyyyy too skinny and although pretty she seems to have a bobble head on a teeny weeny body.

Diva Q said:
Rachel Ray comes up with a lot of decent recipes for everyday use. They are not complicated but I have made quite a few of them and they always seem to be enjoyed.

Giada needs to eat a muffin or a cow or something girl is wayyyyyyyy too skinny and although pretty she seems to have a bobble head on a teeny weeny body.
I never made my way far enough up to check out her head :oops: 8) :LOL:

Rag said:
I emailed her too. The police showed up at my front door.

I hate restraining orders...

And I think Giada's head is perfectly perportioned to her ches.....I mean body...

Back
Top Bottom