Focaccia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diva Q

Executive Chef
This is not my own recipe but after seeing the focaccia posted earlier (and wow it looks awesome!) I thought you may all like this tried and true recipe. It is terrific. I have mixed up the toppings a lot everything from sun dried tomatoes to feta cheese and everything in between. It is from the website allrecipes.com

Focaccia Bread
Submitted by: Terri McCarrell
Rated: 5 out of 5 by 430 members Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes Ready In: 1 Hour
Yields: 12 servings
"A wonderful, quick alternative to garlic bread. Lots of herbs and lots of flavor!"
INGREDIENTS:
2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon white sugar
1 tablespoon active dry yeast
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried thyme

1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 pinch ground black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 cup water
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan
cheese
1 cup mozzarella
DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large bowl, stir together the flour, salt, sugar, yeast, garlic powder, oregano, thyme, basil and black pepper. Mix in the vegetable oil and water.
2. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead until smooth and elastic. Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl, and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth, and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes.
3. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Punch dough down; place on greased baking sheet. Pat into a 1/2 inch thick rectangle. Brush top with olive oil. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and mozzarella cheese.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom