Swedish Meatballs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
1 1/2 lbs of ground meat. This was a chili mix.
1 tbs parsley
1 tsp each oregano, basil
1 large egg
about 10 saltine cracker crushed
1/2 cup white wine
1/2 onion diced small

in a cup, combine the crackers and the wine. Let it sit.

Combine all the other ingrediants and mix well. Then add the cracker mixture and mix well. I used a table spoon for the meatballs to keep them semi even. Put into the fridge to firm up.

In a large frying pan heat olive oil and butter to fry the meatballs. Brown the meat and remove from pan. Reserve 2 tbs of fat. Add 2 tbs flour then 1 cup of cream and 4 oz of cream cheese. Scrap the bottom of the pan getting all the goodies. Add the meatballs and simmer. Serve over egg noodles.

I'll post the finished pics tonight when I get it done.

I love this recipe. I used it a lot for parties. I just throw them all in the slow cooker after i have fried them up.

I use an ice cream scoop to make my meatballs even.

Sour cream in the meatballs?

Diva that is a good idea ;)

Bill Those are on my to do list ;)

Meatballs are done. Served over egg noodles. Did some roasted green beans and red onions. Forgot to take a pic of those.

Bill that looks awesome!
I would like to hear about the roasted green beans and onions though. How did you make them?
They sound real tasty ;)

Puff said:
Bill that looks awesome!
I would like to hear about the roasted green beans and onions though. How did you make them?
They sound real tasty ;)

We took fresh green beans and snipped the ends off. Tosed them in a bowl with the red onion, EVOO, salt and pepper and chopped garlic. Put it on a baking sheet and popped it into a 450* oven til done. They were very good.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Puff said:
Bill that looks awesome!
They sound real tasty ;)

We took fresh green beans and snipped the ends off. Tosed them in a bowl with the red onion, EVOO, salt and pepper and chopped garlic. Put it on a baking sheet and popped it into a 450* oven til done. They were very good.
Thanks ;)

Back
Top Bottom