Louisiana Sausage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

007bond-jb

Master Chef
We got some sausage down here called boudin (boo-dan) made with pork or crawfish
I'll try to git a recipe for it. I don't make it cause you kin buy it everywere
Even at gas stations

Naw ya don't, down here wally world & sams sells peeled frozen crawfish meat. If they sell it upstate make sure it not imported, yuck.
If they don't these guys sell allready made & they ship nationwide
http://www.pochesmarket.com/poche_prod/ ... boudin.htm
I had a saved a link to some other places that shipped live crawfish, But you freak over the shipping cost + their seasonal

I'm from New Orleans but have live in North Carolina about 21 years now. We can get crawfish at Walmart and it is Bernard's from Louisiana but the package says imported from China. :evil:

Well I been a coonass at heart all my life and aint never heard of anybody putting crawdads in Boudan. Must be them yankees up around Baton Rouge which started that trend. Yuck. Best Boudan comes from finding somebody who knows how to make dirty rice and stuffing it in a gut. Thats whut its all about. If it aint got liver in it I aint interested. Liverless boudan has been known to make a grown man puke.

bigwheel

bigwheel said:
Well I been a coonass at heart all my life and aint never heard of anybody putting crawdads in Boudan. Must be them yankees up around Baton Rouge which started that trend. Yuck. Best Boudan comes from finding somebody who knows how to make dirty rice and stuffing it in a gut. Thats whut its all about. If it aint got liver in it I aint interested. Liverless boudan has been known to make a grown man puke.

bigwheel

Unfortunatnely we get some yankees through here time to time butt we smoke em out after they get too smellin bad [smilie=a_rolling.gif] [smilie=a_takethatfoo.gif]
And big, I anit never tried the crawfish flavor I only seen it on the shelf in markets

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom