Using what Mothernature gives you

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Well it’s cold here and I’m cooking….I’m having some issues getting the WSM up to temp…I think that the frozen sand in the pan is acting as a huge heat sink….

The temp

Brisket

The plan is to do a Brisket and a batch of banana pepper ABT’s (those are for dinner and as a pizza topping for tomorrow), then toss on a homemade Polish Sausage Fattie and maybe some eggs…I also did a batch of pickled sausage and some pickled eggs….
I wish the rest of the area guys weren’t a bunch of girls when it came to cooking in the cold…today would have been a good day for a fire outside and a bottle of whiskey to share with the fellas…

You need to bring that sand inside the night before you cook or preheat it in the oven. I usually preheat my fire bricks to 200* on the cold day cooks like it's going to be this week.

My neighbor stopped by for a few….

I thought about the sand last night…but I had a few to many…Jack and Cokes….didn’t think about the oven thing…thanks for the tip..Going to grill some strip steaks up in a bit as well...

If we lived close that sounds like one hell of a day!
Way to keep them brewskis cold ;)
8)

I was tailgating at a Bills game one time..we had to but our beers on the grill to keep them from freezing...it was like drinking beer slushies...

ABT’s are done…here are a few..man they are tasty…wonder how that brisket is going to taste…all that pepper juice and bacon fat dripping on it…. :D

No pics of the brisket..but it’s looking good…to cold to mess around with the lid off for to long…I think I prefer the banana pepper ABT’s they seem to have more zing then they Japs…

Looking good Dave! I've got a couple of shoulders to throw on tonight. I grabbed the last 4 off the shelf at the supermarket and they ranged in size from 6.5 to 10 lbs. I'm gonna throw the big one on at 8:00 tonight and the others on around 9:30. Should come off in time to throw on 3 fatties that should be done in time for kick off! BTW, it's balmy down here, 28 degrees!

ScottyDaQ said:
Mmmm ABT's. Those look great! No seepage. ;)

Your bacon? Or did you cheat? :LOL:
I cheated :oops:
I'm having a hard time finding the bellies...but its on my list
Pit is at 245* Brisket at 160* ouside temp 15*
Steak for dinner tonight
Now that’s a good women…shoveling a path to the grill

Rather than doing a plain old fatty I figured I would try the Scotch Egg that BTGG posted…..

This is a keeper…I can see it on a nice hard roll along with a mix of mayo, mustard and a pinch of cayenne…
Brisket is coming along..the weather is starting to get not nice….getting windy and starting to get a lake effect snow ban moving thru…nothing like snow with thunder and lighting…

Smoker temp 250* Brisket temp 175* outside temp…I really don’t want to know

Back
Top Bottom