Dont contract with a municipality!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bill The Grill Guy

Master Chef
I was contacted over the internet through my web site to cater a retirement party for the City I work for. WELL, turned in the bid and got the job :D . The lady who arranged this wanted an invoice early so she could get my money for the day of the job.
;-)
The meat was smoked, the sides where ready, the grill was in tow when I got an email 45 min before we were to set up. The finace director said that I was committing an "Ethical" violation for contracting with the city because I worked for the city! :evil: They said that they would only pay a certain $ amount and the P&R department would have to pay the rest out of their own pocket.

I tried to call the lady who set this up but she was not in. Finaly got in touch with her when I got to the site. She had gotten the same email and was trying to make arrangement to get the rest of the money. We did the job, but never again for a municipality. =;

dang that stinks! best thing they should have done was say we'll pay this time, but next time we should use someone else. That's only fair.

Had a guy last year call and tell me it was a
go for the whole hog at midnight and then call me at 6:00 am to
cancel.Too late I told him the hog is on. I showed up with the pig and
his wife called me every name in the book. (What a class act!) didn't
pay me. I said "Ok have a nice day" took it home hacked it up and into
huge zip lock bags then into the deep freezer. 3 weeks later took 2
coolers to court and won my case and got a extra $50.00 for my freezer
space.Got a check from the guy right in the court room.Stood out side
the bank the next morning ran in and cashed it.The guy called me about
10 min. after 9:00 am that morning cussing me out because I cashed the
check before he could put a stop payment on it. :-D It's been money up front as soon as I show up ever since.

Not that this has anything to do with a municipality. We were working for a builder on a big renovation job. This builder was the 3rd builder in, as the owner had fired the last 2 because no work was being done. (2 years and no demo started) This builder gets the ball rolling and in 3 months, 99% of the demo is done and all major steel has been installed. No the owner comes in and locks the job up because things are moving too fast. I'm still owed $3100 and I have $2000 worth of tools locked up that I can't get until the whole mess is cleared up!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom