sink help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
Can someone please post some pics of Health dept approved 3 bay sink and hand washing station setup they are currently using, or have used, in the past for on site catering of reunions, weddings, parties, etc. Trying to get some idea how much this one is going to cost me to be legal and need some ideas of where to go with it. Thanks in advance.

Uncle Bubba said:
DATsBBQ said:
http://www.bbqpits.com/

Click the link "wash sinks on mobiles" middle of the page on the right. :D

Huge huge money for those. Basic one is around $3k or so.

One on demand hot water heater, propane fired. About a grand I guess. Several outfits make them. A holding tank for the water, pretty cheap. The sink itself, maybe $300 and a waste water "tank" (6" PVC plastic pipe on the underside of your pit, again pretty cheap). Most of it is labor. If I lived near you I'd help you out with it (all for free if you didn't bring up the ca'boys :D ). Remember, you get what you pay for 8) . I bet you could get all those goodies for less than $1,500 in materials. Lot's cheaper than rent for a commercial kitchen in the long run. Think about it.

Once I get my ducks in a row, that's the course I'm taking.

Good advice. If they don't care why should you care? A word to the wise. Take notes including the name, date/time of who you talked with. That has saved me many times over when dealing with "the man". Need to add, those experiences had to do with real estate/construction and not food. Good luck.

Uncle Bubba said:
Can someone please post some pics of Health dept approved 3 bay sink and hand washing station setup they are currently using, or have used, in the past for on site catering of reunions, weddings, parties, etc. Trying to get some idea how much this one is going to cost me to be legal and need some ideas of where to go with it. Thanks in advance.

Here in VA, we use three tubs or totes if you will. One for washing, one for rinsing and one for sanitizer. We use a large detergent jug for our had washing station with a 5gl bucket under it. Seems to work well because its portable and you can use the totes for storage afterwards.

http://server4.pictiger.com/img/828424/ ... ost-sm.jpg

Here is a link to a place that sells the comercial sinks.

http://www.abestkitchen.com/store/3-compartment.html

Thanks for all the input. That guru piece is really nice except they want a pressurized source of fresh water going to the sink and drainage to a gray water tank of 40-50 gallons, which they can go screw themselves for that. I am not carrying a 40 gallon tank of gray water around. 15 or 20 tops is waaayy more than enough for what I'll be washing. They also want the sink to have the drain shelves on both right and left hand sides and also the bowls need to be able to accommodate the largest utensil or pot or whatever that you will be washing. I think my pots just got small until after i get inspected. Plus...define accommodate. This is such ********.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom