Smoking some duck breastes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Woodman1

Executive Chef
Wel, it is "warm "today, and I have a group of 10 coming to dinner Friday, so I am going to smoke about 8 duck breastes for some gumbo. I will also be doing shrimp creole. All of this will be served with some white rice, and Sam's Steakhouse Yeast Rolls (these things are the best commercially baked roll anywhere!) for dinner. Yes Larry, I will be using Savoie's Dark Roux , from a jar. ;)

Woodman said:
Wel, it is "warm "today, and I have a group of 10 coming to dinner Friday, so I am going to smoke about 8 duck breastes for some gumbo. I will also be doing shrimp creole. All of this will be served with some white rice, and Sam's Steakhouse Yeast Rolls (these things are the best commercially baked roll anywhere!) for dinner. Yes Larry, I will be using Savoie's Dark Roux , from a jar. ;)

Yeah that's what I'd suggest! Homemade roux sucks! :roll:

Hey WoodDuck, where's the pic's??? No pic's, you didn't really cook! Guess you had a hard time opening up the jar of roux! [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]

Larry Wolfe said:
Hey WoodDuck, where's the pic's??? No pic's, you didn't really cook! Guess you had a hard time opening up the jar of roux! [smilie=a_chuckle.gif]

Sometimes you just have to soak the lid under hot water and it comes loose then.

Workin on it man! I will post pics AFTER the complete meal! Oh, dat roux sho bee workin good! Re-al good, y'he-ah?

Woodman said:
Workin on it man! I will post pics AFTER the complete meal! Oh, dat roux sho bee workin good! Re-al good, y'he-ah?

Dave, get one of THESE to help get the lid of the jar of roux off!

Wow....If it takes him that long to make Gumbo out of a Jar......imagine how long it would take if he made it from scratch..... :shock:

wittdog said:
Wow....If it takes him that long to make Gumbo out of a Jar......imagine how long it would take if he made it from scratch..... :shock:

:damnfunny :damnfunny :damnfunny :damnfunny :damnfunny :damnfunny :damnfunny :damnfunny :damnfunny :damnfunny

How in the hell did you end up with such a beautiful wife?? LOL

Gumbo looked great!! Beautiful family too!!

Dave, why do you insist on putting pics of your girls on this site!?? You are brave man!!

Sweet "Fat Neck" dude...that's bass gutiar for all you laymen.

2 things...you're red tie was too long..it is supposed to be at the top of your belt buckle and the second...man, you love that shirt!! :LOL:

I was waiting to see pics of TH2...guess not!

Back
Top Bottom