My name is Puff and I am.......................

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Puff1

Chef Extraordinaire
....cooking on my new WSM! [smilie=banana.gif]
Put 2 racks of spares on at 1PM. One rubbed with WRO, and one with one of the rubs my secret Santa gave me, Dizzy Dust.
Using KF with a couple chunks of hickory and apple.
Had a little trouble early on getting the temp up. But now she's coasting along at 240 and hasn't budged! I'm actually getting things done around the house!Putting a maple fatty on at about 3PM.

Sand in the pan covered with foil

The boss!

Nice you go Puff...nice to see the brains of the operation as well...But I have a question....Where are the pics of the food on the WSM? and how are you liking your new toy...

Smokey_Joe said:
I'm guessing you're doing a "dry run" to get used to how to control the heat...and see how it handles?????
NO he's got two racks of BB on....he just didn't take any pics.. ;)

wittdog said:
Smokey_Joe said:
I'm guessing you're doing a "dry run" to get used to how to control the heat...and see how it handles?????
NO he's got two racks of BB on....he just didn't take any pics.. ;)
OOPS..forgot :oops:
Here you go ;)
Trimmings on the lower rack.

I AM LOVING THIS THING!!! :D

Puff are you planning to take them out of the rib racks once they shrink up some? and how do you like the WSM?

wittdog said:
Puff are you planning to take them out of the rib racks once they shrink up some? and how do you like the WSM?
I hope to for sauce purposes.
This is one fine piece of equipment! I've had one 5* temp drop in almost 3 hrs. It climbed right back up :shock:

brian j said:
atta boy, skipping water and going right to sand. it sounds like you have things under control. just remember, little adjustments and wait at least 15 minutes for them to take their full effect.
Sounds like Puffys had some Coaching.... ;)

Char Griller :shock: What Char Griller! :LOL:
Brian I've had alot of help from great minds that make this board what it is :D And your right.....patience .......as far as temps go. The Char Griller would jump right back up most of time. I have to get used to this one.

Oh yeah looks great...I bet you are loving that WSM now...but if the mrs thinks it made cooking to easy it kills your justification for working up a thirst.....less beers for the Puff...

Back
Top Bottom