Wolfe Roast

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Here's our roast, not the best marbled roast in the world, but I didn't pick it out, (long story). Anyways, considering the leaness it turned out pretty good. I gave it a good coating of Worchesterchire sauce, then garic and Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked pepper. Put in the oven at 450* for 15 minutes, then decreased the temp to 325*. I pulled at 130* and expected it to climb a few more degrees while resting, but it went all the way up to 145*. I also cooked some roasted redskin potatoes and garlic and my wife made her broccoli casserole. Overall dinner was a success! Gonna make cheesesteaks with the leftover roast for dinner tonight!

Darn anorexic cows.... :evil:

Still looks yummy though!!! How much is left?

My wife would've loved it. You shoulda seen the pile of fat on her plate that she picked off. :roll:

john pen said:
Cheesesteaks ????

Yeah, gonna use my slicer and slice real thin. Saute' with some onions and maybe peppers. Pile onto a hoagie roll wit cheese!

Nick Prochilo said:
Great job Larry! Don't forget to pile the cheese high! :twisted:

I just caught onto that, Nick! I have 5 more days of gorging left, now leave me alone!!! You jealous Blimp!! :shock:

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1w0mvlqp]Great job Larry! Don't forget to pile the cheese high! :twisted:

I just caught onto that, Nick! I have 5 more days of gorging left, now leave me alone!!! You jealous Blimp!! :shock:[/quote:1w0mvlqp]

I hear ya! My wife was disappointed to find out I'm not starting until Jan. 1! :LOL:

Hi Larry - First of all - Nice roast!

Do you think the 15 degree temeprature climb has anything to do with the inital high heat cooking? I have been reading lots of posts mentioning 15 degree climbs after removing from the oven/smoker...or maybe the hunk of meat is so big - it just has too much stored heat to cool quickly like a steak.

I guess maybe some combination of the two.

Anyway, looked great1

Gator

gator said:
Hi Larry - First of all - Nice roast!

Do you think the 15 degree temeprature climb has anything to do with the inital high heat cooking? I have been reading lots of posts mentioning 15 degree climbs after removing from the oven/smoker...or maybe the hunk of meat is so big - it just has too much stored heat to cool quickly like a steak.

I guess maybe some combination of the two.

Anyway, looked great1

Gator

It certainly could have been due to the intial high temps, I dunno................. I cook rib roasts the same way every year for Christmas and normally only have about a 5 degree raise in temp. Not sure if the roast being so lean could have played a part in it either. It baffles me, but it was still enjoyed by and the steak and cheese tonight will be even better!!!

Back
Top Bottom