Smoking meat for mexican food

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ddog27

Sous Chef
My wife's family is having their Christmas party on Monday. They have a tradition of eating mexican food for their party. They make some great food! A few years ago I talked them into letting me smoke the meat that they use to make the mexican food and now everyone is hooked! :D

So right now my WSM is full with a 15 pound chuck roll and two 8 pound pork butts. It should be some good eating tomorrow!! :D :D

ddog27 said:
My wife's family is having their Christmas party on Monday. They have a tradition of eating mexican food for their party. They make some great food! A few years ago I talked them into letting me smoke the meat that they use to make the mexican food and now everyone is hooked! :D

So right now my WSM is full with a 15 pound chuck roll and two 8 pound pork butts. It should be some good eating tomorrow!! :D :D

How do you use/incorporate the smoked beef & pork? Do you use traditional BBQ rubs, or do you use other seasonings?

ddog, Agreed. I used an extra brisket for fajitas/tacos and the flaovor was great. I always felt like my pulled pork would be awesome in pork tamales too.

Gator

LOVE Mexican chow. I was in Mexico about 30 years ago eating every thing I could find from street vendors and hole in the wall places. My bud told me I was going to die, he still to this day has no clue on what he missed! Have a great time ddog. Sounds like a feast to me.
BTW, he was too stupid to eat a Tamale, was trying to eat it with the husk still on. :roll: :LOL:

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
My bud told me I was going to die, he still to this day has no clue on what he missed!
BTW, he was too stupid to eat a Tamale, was trying to eat it with the husk still on. :roll: :LOL:

The locals must have had a good laugh watching that train wreck.

Back
Top Bottom