Sunday Brunch

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nick Prochilo

Chef Extraordinaire
We had to do a brunch this morning for our family. My son is home on leave and it's the best way for everybody to see him at 1 time. These are 2 of the dishes we did along with a "Garden Chowder" my wife made. The recipe for the chowder is in the soup section.

Monte Cristo Caserole
1 cup milk
6 eggs, beaten
2 packages frozen plain french toast (12.5 oz each), thawed
4 ounces ham, diced (about 1 cup)
4 ounces turkey, diced (about 1 cup)
1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
1/4 cup fresh parsley, snipped
powdered sugar

1.Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour milk and beaten eggs into a sauce pan and heat over stove until warm.

2.Cut French toast into 1/4" cubes. Place in a large bowl. Pour egg mixture over French toast cubes & mix gently.

3.Combine ham, turkey, cheese & parsley and mix well.

4.Spoon 1/2 of the French toast mixture evenly over the bottom of pan. Top with meat & cheese mixture. Spoon remaining French toast mixture on top.

5.Bake 30 - 35 minutes or until golden brown and set in center. Let stand 10 minutes.

6.Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.

Swiss Eggs
1/2 pound sliced swiss cheese
1 cup heavy cream, divided
6 each eggs

1.Heat oven to 425 degrees. Butter a deep 9" pie plate or similar baking dish. Line bottom and sides with overlapping slices of Swiss cheese to form a "crust"

2.Pour 1/2 cup cream over cheese. Break eggs into pie, taking care not to break yolks.

3.Pour remaining cream over eggs. Add salt & pepper to taste. Sprinkle with paprika.

4.Bake 15 - 20 minutes, or until eggs are cooked to your liking. Serve immediately over or with split biscuits or toast points.

That Monte Cristo sounds fabulous! Where's the pics you stupid
Yankee!!! How can I live vicariously through you when you make
this stuff up!

Can't wait to make this, post pics and get the patent on it! :twisted: :twisted:

Captain Morgan said:
That Monte Cristo sounds fabulous! Where's the pics you stupid
Yankee!!! How can I live vicariously through you when you make
this stuff up!

Can't wait to make this, post pics and get the patent on it! :twisted: :twisted:

Your a moderater, you can delete my name and add yours! Oh I forgot, Cappy told me about this brunch ideas! ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom