Bare Naked Lady

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
Here she is...unpainted and almost finished. Need to change the slideout slightly and add the front burner and obviously some paint.

Looks good Kevin, What the heck is that baby going to weigh when done? Hope you get a tow buggy that's up to snuff. :shock: I hope to get my Big Jim pit in spring. Thats all the barbecue I want to cook for a event, or cater job. 8)

Those counterweights are totally GAY!!!!! Real men don't need em! Seriously though, can't wait to cook on her! I can see us usin that grill alot! Cheeseburgers anyone? I'm going to work on brisket over the winter! ;)

Kevin,

What are the two protruding pieces of metal at the bottom of the firebox on Picture #2?

That pit looks awesome, makes the "ordinary" Klose pits look....well, ordinary.

Bruce B said:
Kevin,

What are the two protruding pieces of metal at the bottom of the firebox on Picture #2?

That pit looks awesome, makes the "ordinary" Klose pits look....well, ordinary.

BITE ME!

Greg Rempe said:
Man Kevin Lewiston, that is a MONSTER!! :shock:

It's Livingston, for God's sake Rempe can't you get his name right! :D

I concur totally awesome pit. Can't wait to see it in action.

Good luck Bubba!

Thanks guys...I can't wait to see her in person.

Bruce, metal on firebox are the hangers for the gas assist lines.

Yes on the brakes.

He changed the opening mechanism and got rid of the counterweight on the slideout. He needs to change the grate to an adjustable meat grate instead of fixed. I misunderstood him when we placed the order. No big deal at this point. There will be an A-frame type hanger setup with a hand crank to adjust cooking grate height.

Getting a stainless meat grate for the slideout and some rib racks and a custom charcoal basket designed for this pit. Looks like we'll all be sleeping next year at comps...with one eye open for you know who.

Woodman, you're right, counterweights are gay which is why I had you in mind when I got them. These doors are larger, thicker, and heavier than yours'(get used to hearing this...lol) and I don't feel like tearing up my shoulder lifting them up. We need a fourth or fifth comp next year. We'll have to get together soon and see what we can come up with. Looks like Cabela's are going bye bye. Maybe Madison or smoke on the beach. We can use my truck and pull the smaller pit(yours') if we do SOTB. ;)

SOTB is an easy comp....just AB, whole hog or shoulders. Almost anyone
can enter this comp, it's great for folks who are looking for something simple for their first time.

But winning, of course, will be next to impossible since I'll be there.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom