Have you ever been there? No it's not New Orleans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john a

Executive Chef
img_72168_0_43f5571f7f2c401bb210d2d4e43f6161.jpg

img_72168_1_d941e64c1b610705f175ab83198abd3b.jpg

I had to make a quick trip north a couple of weeks ago.

I grew up there in the 50’s; Woodstock then was no different from many other small Catskill Mountain towns. I went to work for Uncle Sam in 1959, when I returned in 1963 Woodstock had been “discoveredâ€

Seems to be a happening near and dear to the heart of hippies. I was busy swiggin on Lone Star and listening to Hank Sr. during that time frame. Sorta the same thing as I am doing now cept I gave up on Lone Star. Guess you could say it hard for me to rustle up much nostalgia over the event.

bigwheel

Hey Brian,

It’s another 33 pic’s, I do not want to wear out my welcome here. Shoot me a PM with email and I’ll send you the album.

oct_97 said:
Hey Brian,

It’s another 33 pic’s, I do not want to wear out my welcome here. Shoot me a PM with email and I’ll send you the album.

You won't wear out your welcome here one bit! Share the pic's, please! We love pic's, and if I haven't worn out my welcome here yet you're in good shape!!!

Ahhhh, the summer of '69. That was between my junior and senior year of undergrad school. I have some recollections of that year although there is some truth to the saying that if you can remember the 60s, you weren't there. I guess the best thing is that the statute of limitations has long since run on my youthful indiscretions. Stick the rest of those sweet pics on here.

Griff

Larry Wolfe said:
[quote="oct_97":3i1cwego]Hey Brian,

[/quote:3i1cwego]

You won't wear out your welcome here one bit! Share the pic's, please! We love pic's, and if I haven't worn out my welcome here yet you're in good shape!!![/quote]

um, Larry, we've been meaning to talk to you.

brian j said:
Griff said:
Ahhhh, the summer of '69. That was between my junior and senior year of undergrad school. I have some recollections of that year although there is some truth to the saying that if you can remember the 60s, you weren't there. I guess the best thing is that the statute of limitations has long since run on my youthful indiscretions. Stick the rest of those sweet pics on here.

Griff
griff - i was born in '66 and have faint memories from '69 on, does that count? :LOL:

oct_97 - i use the galleries offered by kodak at http://www.kodakgallery.com to share large sets of pictures. it's alot easier than posting all the pictures here and people can then decide if they want to see them. i'd love to see more from woodstock.

Brian,

I like that idea, problem is I cannot figure out how to do it with Photobucket. I can create the slideshow and copy/paste to a Word Doc but not to a forum, any forum. Any Photobucket/web guru's out there able to tell me how to do this, if not I will post them as before.

Thanks

oct_97 said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1zjlgl45]
Griff said:
Unity said:
You've thrown in with a young crowd, Griff. :shock:

--John 8)
(No, I don't mean to imply "immature." ;) )

I know, but for the most part they are pretty good guys.

Griff

Damn, I'm stuck in the middle! :shock:

Fools to the left of me, jokers to the right of me, stuck in the middle again? :roll:[/quote:1zjlgl45]
No he's gone :D
Just fools to the left.............. :LOL:

oct_97 said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":j8ab5m3a]
Griff said:
Unity said:

--John 8)

Griff

Fools to the left of me, jokers to the right of me, stuck in the middle again? :roll:[/quote:j8ab5m3a]

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="oct_97":89z2s1d1][quote="Nick Prochilo":89z2s1d1]
Griff said:
Unity said:

--John 8)

Griff

Fools to the left of me, jokers to the right of me, stuck in the middle again? :roll:[/quote:89z2s1d1]

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you![/quote:89z2s1d1] :LOL: Now you got it ;)

Puff said:
Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="oct_97":3s8c6n3r][quote="Nick Prochilo":3s8c6n3r]
Griff said:
Unity said:

--John 8)

Griff

Fools to the left of me, jokers to the right of me, stuck in the middle again? :roll:

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you![/quote:3s8c6n3r] :LOL: Now you got it ;)[/quote:3s8c6n3r]

Uhmmmm, I was around when that song was famous!

Nick Prochilo said:
Puff said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":zwy8qaky][quote="oct_97":zwy8qaky][quote="Nick Prochilo":zwy8qaky]
Griff said:
Unity said:

--John 8)

Griff

Fools to the left of me, jokers to the right of me, stuck in the middle again? :roll:

Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right, here I am, stuck in the middle with you![/quote:zwy8qaky] :LOL: Now you got it ;)[/quote:zwy8qaky]

Uhmmmm, I was around when that song was famous![/quote:zwy8qaky]
:shock: Damn.....................

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom