Probes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
I did not mention the trouble I had with my ET-72 ane ET-73 probes last cook.

After checking all my thermometers with the boiling water test I found that two of my 1 year old maverick probes and one of my 1-1/2 year old pyrex probes were not accurate.

I usually try to keep the plug end out of the water when cleaning but I must admit that I let them all soak completely submurged for a couple of hours 2 cooks ago. [smilie=a_doh.gif]

Doing that must have messed them up. Any similar experience or advise ?

BTW, don't try to speed things up by putting it in the freezer....you're just
freezing the moisture which will still be there when it thaws. Keep it
in the fridge, which draws the moisture out.

Try it but don't hold your breath. I've tried it with the probes and it didn't work for me. I now just wipe my probes and then hit them with a little disinfectant.

I lost a food probe on mine. The rubber seal at the end of the probe came apart (dunno why, never left out, and hand washed)... then shortly after, the temps went haywire. A quick test showed it as faulty.

Ive about had it with the ET73...its an awesome tool when it works, but I just had another one crap the bed. Id pay good money for a quality unit with the same features and better range !!

john pen said:
Ive about had it with the ET73...its an awesome tool when it works, but I just had another one crap the bed. Id pay good money for a quality unit with the same features and better range !!
I hear you...I feel the same way...someone should design a reliable therm...I dont' care how much it would cost.

Finney wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Nick Prochilo wrote:
Once the water gets at the point where the wire and the probe meet, it's time to toss them out!

Nick is right.... that is the "joint" that shouldn't get submerged. I really doubt it would do any good but put them in the fridge for a few days then try them.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

DATsBBQ said:
Finney wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:55 am Post subject: Reply with quote
Nick Prochilo wrote:
Once the water gets at the point where the wire and the probe meet , it's time to toss them out!

Nick is right.... that is the "joint" that shouldn't get submerged. I really doubt it would do any good but put them in the fridge for a few days then try them.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
the point where the wire and the probe meet (it was in Nick's part of that quote)

Back
Top Bottom