Anyone deer hunting ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

john pen

Master Chef
So theres been a little chatter about it..who's going hunting ? Ill be leaving for camp on Friday and leaving to head back home the following friday. Taking the WSM and plan on doing some ribs and a bunch of appatizer type food for friday night, a chuck for sammies during the week and either a full turkey or a breast for thanksgiving. Im also bringing my new Weber grill I scored at a garage sale for $5.00 (its the smaller one) that I plan on doing pizza on and steaks Wed. night. My Dad loves to cook as much as I do, so its always a battle over who's going to do it. We'll have his homemade vegtable soup on Sat. night and macaroni with his sauce on Sunday (two traditions and they're both awesome). Monday will be my home made sausage with peppers, onions, potatoes and tomatoes. Tuesday will be BB ribs (my pops favorite). There will be lots of Stoli' flowing along with a lot of beer. Heck, I may even go hunting at some point. Our camp is pretty comfortable and will be loaded up Saturday (opening day) with around 10 to 12 guys....Always a good time !!!!

I wish I was hunting the other day. There was a 10 point buck outside of our fire house. It was beutiful.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
I wish I was hunting the other day. There was a 10 point buck outside of our fire house. It was beutiful.
Should do like John did and hit it with the firetruck.. :P

My cousin Ray on the other hand thinks that killin' a deer with a deer rifle is like magic in the forest. And now, I would like to do for you now my impression of my cousin Ray after the big kill. "Hell, it was four in the mornin', 22 degrees outside. 'Course, you weren't there. Pussy. I'm in a camouflaged deer blind. I've got grease paint on my face and deer urine on my boots. I'm not sure why." I made that part up. "I've got a 30-06 with a laser scope. This baby will fire a bullet 2200 feet per second. When that deer looked up to lick the salt sucker I hunged from the danged ol' tree... caught him right above the eye."

Yeah, well, I hit one with a *van* goin' *fifty-five* miles an hour with the headlights on and the horn blowin'!

ScottyDaQ said:
My cousin Ray on the other hand thinks that killin' a deer with a deer rifle is like magic in the forest. And now, I would like to do for you now my impression of my cousin Ray after the big kill. "Hell, it was four in the mornin', 22 degrees outside. 'Course, you weren't there. Pussy. I'm in a camouflaged deer blind. I've got grease paint on my face and deer urine on my boots. I'm not sure why." I made that part up. "I've got a 30-06 with a laser scope. This baby will fire a bullet 2200 feet per second. When that deer looked up to lick the salt sucker I hunged from the danged ol' tree... caught him right above the eye."

Yeah, well, I hit one with a *van* goin' *fifty-five* miles an hour with the headlights on and the horn blowin'!

They're not that elusive!

john pen said:
So theres been a little chatter about it..who's going hunting ?

Dont have to hunt have sone friends that go trophy hunting , they take the deer to the processor , ask us how we want the meat and when its done the processor calls us and we pick it up. Have 2 deer done now will go and pick them up and fill the freezer up for another year , we have a small freezer. Most processors will sell the meat at least the ones around here do.

No, I don't hunt, at least not with a gun. lol I came really close to hitting an 8 pointer last night!

Captain Morgan said:
a lady in Florence SC got killed last night...deer came through her
windshield.

That does happen alot round these parts. I hit one a few year ago , luckly it did not come into the car , just tore the heck out of the front of the car.

Going up in the Thumb for the opener Wed. morning.
I was supposed to head farther North this weekend, canceled because of work. :( Phones ringing off the hook :shock: Hopefully get up there after turkey day :D

Bad news. The buck we saw the other night got hit by a car last night about 400 yards from our fire house. Broke off one side of the antlers and it was DOA when we got there. NO, we did not take it back to the fire house. We called "Deer hunters for the Hungry". They were glad to take it.

just thought Id share a photo of our traditional Sunday dinner at deer camp..or, us roughing it...

Damn it...was just going to answer your question, John! She was good on Crossroads with Martina McBride! 8)

Pat can still rock!

Nice spread John.
After eating all of that I would be napping instead of hunting :shock:

Greg Rempe said:
Damn it...was just going to answer your question, John! She was good on Crossroads with Martina McBride! 8)

Was just watching the Independance Day & Fire and Ice videos from that show on youtube...

Puff said:
Nice spread John.
After eating all of that I would be napping instead of hunting :shock:

Ummm..ya....add that with a half a bottle of stoli's and some wine....not much hunting getting done..

Back
Top Bottom