BTG brisket and butts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
I’m doing 2 butts and a brisket today BTG style…he was nice enough to send me his rubs and his secret ingredient…because the flat is a small one…I’m doing things the opposite of what I typically do…butts on the bottom..brisket on top…I’m following his directions….more pics later…

Going to have the brisket today...and used the PP for some Sauce tasting....I have a bunch of sauces that are begging to by tried...

You better keep posting pics. I am stuck at work and the updates can keep me going. Hope you like the rub.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
You better keep posting pics. I am stuck at work and the updates can keep me going. Hope you like the rub.
If your looking you ain't cooking...but I will post the pics when I take the lid off to foil :shock: :cry: ...Rubs tasted good last night....can't wait for the finished taste...

Cliff H. said:
Lookin good. You cookin it all on a WSM ? Giving the offset a break ?
Giving me a break...I still have one batch of sausage to smoke on the lectric....and stuff to do around the house..didn't feel like messing with Buford...time for a Lazy Q. ;)

The pens stopped by for breakfast and in keeping with the BTG theme of the day..we had the virginny ham he sent up…along with Waffles, some blueberry breakfast sausage and “Cracker-barrel Hash brownsâ€

It was real nice and tender..I was worried cuz I never had a brisket cook this fast..I cooked it at the same temps I normally do and the butts that are in the WSM are cooking along at there normal cooking curve....I'm kind of dumbfounded...

Well think old Danny G. splained this phenomenon in that lean meat (your flat) cooks quicker than fat meat (the butts). Normal rule of thumb down here for flats is 3 in the smoke and 3 in the foil with some good tasting sop you been mopping em with each hour whilst being kept hot in the pit. To get em edible done in 4 hrs is a purty good trick. Suspect maybe them butts was changing up your heat flow patterns and you was cooking a little hotter than you thought. Just trying to examine all the possibilities of course:)

bigwheel

Nice lookin brisket you got there dog...the sausages on your other post looked good as well........keep em comin

Damn boy!! You really like this shit don't you! :LOL: ;) I'm staying inside and watching Ohio State v Northwestern today. !

Wow Dave, that is fast even following my directions. Glad you liked the rub and the sauce. :idea: I am thinking about marketing it. "Coyote Rub's Revenge". What do you think? ;)

The brisket had good color to it. Let me know when you need some more rub.

Bill The Grill Guy said:
Wow Dave, that is fast even following my directions. Glad you liked the rub and the sauce. :idea: I am thinking about marketing it. "Coyote Rub's Revenge". What do you think? ;)

You better send me a sample before you start to sell it. I'm pretty damn good with reviews, ya know!

Bill The Grill Guy said:

I'll take some rub anytime..tomarrow it's candy Japs with the football game. Still waiting on the butts to git done. ;) Going to have them tomarrow...I know the temp was good in the smoker...I think it was size of the brisket and the foil that accelerated the cooking process...the brisket was 4lbs but thin and long...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom