Sunset in the County

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allie

Sous Chef
Here is the view from the west side of my house across the harvested corn field.
img_70084_0_59d1285d596572f87a8d68da547d4d8a.jpg

img_70084_1_5964c72e213a13bcf2f2f2db37e07064.jpg

img_70084_2_493e752e7f023226480d7992873c393f.jpg

8) Pics Allie.
Looks like the perfect place to blast Bambi as she walks across :D

:oops: Sorry......hunting season :D

Well it look purty skeery to me. I can see a flying sauce swooping over the horizon at any time...in my minds eye of course.

bigwheel

Puff, I tried really hard to get pics of 4 deer across the road playing last weekend. They were just too far without a telephoto lens and I don't have that. I've seen a hunter go back in the woods there 3 times so I have a feeling they won't be here long.

allie said:
Puff, I tried really hard to get pics of 4 deer across the road playing last weekend. They were just too far without a telephoto lens and I don't have that. I've seen a hunter go back in the woods there 3 times so I have a feeling they won't be here long.
I take it the old man doesn't hunt?

bigwheel said:
Well it look purty skeery to me. I can see a flying sauce swooping over the horizon at any time...in my minds eye of course.

bigwheel
I don't know about flying saucers....I just don't like to be away from street lights...
Nice pics Allie...luvs a good sunset

Puff
PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:42 pm Post subject:
allie wrote:

I've often thought of buying a license just so I don't have to dodge those critters on the highway ;) They think they're pets around here. Folks feed em ears of corn and they wallow cross the road like they paid the taxes to build em.

DATsBBQ said:
Puff
allie wrote:

I've often thought of buying a license just so I don't have to dodge those critters on the highway ;) They think they're pets around here. Folks feed em ears of corn and they wallow cross the road like they paid the taxes to build em.
Deer are beautiful, graceful animals that we sometimes glimpse around dawn and sunset. Their population has expanded immensely in recent years; reportedly there are more of them than ever before. Unfortunately for them and us, they walk/run out in front of vehicles. Those of us who ride motorcycles, and are vulnerable when a hundred-pound animal gets in front of us, would love to see a whole lot fewer of them, particularly right now -- during rut -- when they can dash out of nowhere any time of day or night. I haven't hit one yet. Several of my friends have. Quite a few around the country have been killed. Motorcyclists have a love/hate thing with deer, mostly hate. :(

--John 8)

Unity said:
DATsBBQ said:
Puff
allie wrote:

Deer are beautiful, graceful animals that we sometimes glimpse around dawn and sunset. Their population has expanded immensely in recent years; reportedly there are more of them than ever before. Unfortunately for them and us, they walk/run out in front of vehicles. Those of us who ride motorcycles, and are vulnerable when a hundred-pound animal gets in front of us, would love to see a whole lot fewer of them, particularly right now -- during rut -- when they can dash out of nowhere any time of day or night. I haven't hit one yet. Several of my friends have. Quite a few around the country have been killed. Motorcyclists have a love/hate thing with deer, mostly hate. :(

--John 8)
John, being a cycle rider too. I understand where your coming from.
I lost 2 good people in Northern Mi. 2 yrs. ago to a deer/ cycle accident.

I'm in southeastern Lagrange County. No, Les doesn't hunt. He said he's getting too old and has better things to do than sit waiting for a deer. LOL I actually enjoy hunting but don't want to go alone and don't even own a gun. He's afraid I'd get mad and shoot him!

I enjoy watching the deer play in the field but hate to see them in the road. I saw one tonight crossing in front of me and one was in the field looking at me. Then I saw a truck in a ditch and have a feeling he tried to miss one. On Halloween, Les came around a sharp curve and a buck was standing in the road. He eased up to it. The buck touched the front of the van with his nose and then ran off.

Back
Top Bottom