Wife's 50th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DATsBBQ

Head Chef
Been a bit busy this week getting ready the birthday party on Friday. Setting this up buffet style. Thinking I might get some work out of this, hence the thread in this section.

Got 4# of smoked salmon, 5# of pulled pork, 3# of Briskett, 5# of Big Wheel's Hotlinks done and I am in process of smoking 3 racks of St. Louis style ribs. Also making the sauces and sides today. Coleslaw, tater salad (2 types to please the Mrs). Got plenty of rolls and white bread. Buying a 1/2 barrel of something good tomorrow morning, haven't decided on the flavor yet but it will be a lager. Hope I'm not missing something... . :shock:

Good luck and I know I don't need to tell you, but don't forget the pics. Oh yeah, and Happy birthday to your wife.

Griff

DATsBBQ said:
Been a bit busy this week getting ready the birthday party on Friday. Setting this up buffet style. Thinking I might get some work out of this, hence the thread in this section.

Got 4# of smoked salmon, 5# of pulled pork, 3# of Briskett, 5# of Big Wheel's Hotlinks done and I am in process of smoking 3 racks of St. Louis style ribs. Also making the sauces and sides today. Coleslaw, tater salad (2 types to please the Mrs). Got plenty of rolls and white bread. Buying a 1/2 barrel of something good tomorrow morning, haven't decided on the flavor yet but it will be a lager. Hope I'm not missing something... . :shock:

Strippers!! :oops:

Dang that do sound like some fine birthday plans to me. Dittos on whut the others say...tell her we hope it the best one yet of many mo betta ones to come.

bigwheel

sounds like some mighty fine eats you got planned, hope everything turns out great and hope the mrs. has a great 50th

Dats, your wife is going to be one happy lady when she sees what you've done!

might want to add a rack or two of ribs.. 3 racks @ 12 ribs per rack, is 36 pieces.. some people might not get any.. just a thought on my part ...bout same with the salmon.. unless you cut the 4 pounder up into small pieces, some people might miss out on a piece... hope it goes well for ya, and the wife

It turned out great. Counting ourselves, there were 45 adults and 7 kids. Went all the food except a couple of hotlinks. Pics are on the wife's new camera (BB present) and when I get it away from her I'll upload the food pics.

Well musta been a few yankees milling around in the crowd to have any leftover Januine Texas Hotlinks. Normal folks normally knock them out first afore they head for the tenderloin and hummingbird tongues and stuff like that:) Sounds like a great party was had by all.

bigwheel

DATsBBQ said:
It turned out great. Counting ourselves, there were 45 adults and 7 kids. Went all the food except a couple of hotlinks. Pics are on the wife's new camera (BB present) and when I get it away from her I'll upload the food pics.

Don't forget the belly dancers! :LOL:

kbp01.JPG

Nice touch, having a bbq browsing library on the buffet line! :P

--John 8)

Back
Top Bottom