Just a little something

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wittdog

Master Chef
Finally have a chance to cook a little something…did a batch of ABTs….I managed to get them all bacon wrapped in the ½ hr between when I get home from work and need to get D to school(Wrapping ABTs in that time frame should be an Olympic sport)….Half of the chicken was marinated in Chivettas the other half I injected with melted butter and peach nectar and a splash of cider vinegar….both sets of chicken were then sprinkled with Wolfe Rub…I plan on using Mrs. Pens peach preserves and some SBR to make a BBQ glaze for the Injected chicken and using some Head country Hot on the Chivetas Chicken. I'm using Cherry wood as the flavor of the day...luvs me some Cherry ;)

I’m about 2.5 hrs into my cook…most of the ABT’s are done..the rest will come off in 15min when I sauce the Chicken….I made a Peach Sauce for the Mrs. Chicken…..equal parts Mrs. Pens peach preserves and SBRs and a shot of honey…..a little to sweet for my tastes but it should be right up the Mrs. Alley... I figure the cinnamon in the wolfe rub will go great with the peach flavor profile….I’m thinking of adding some Suicidal Anchor Bar Wing sauce to the Head county Hot to give it a little extra of a kick….
I might toss on some fatties as well….This is one of those days when I think I need a bigger pit… :idea:

wittdog said:
I’m about 2.5 hrs into my cook…most of the ABT’s are done..the rest will come off in 15min when I sauce the Chicken….I made a Peach Sauce for the Mrs. Chicken…..equal parts Mrs. Pens peach preserves and SBRs and a shot of honey…..a little to sweet for my tastes but it should be right up the Mrs. Alley... I figure the cinnamon in the wolfe rub will go great with the peach flavor profile….I’m thinking of adding some Suicidal Anchor Bar Wing sauce to the Head county Hot to give it a little extra of a kick….
I might toss on some fatties as well….This is one of those days when I think I need a bigger pit… :idea:

Nice lookin so far....you got all thighs in there with the ABT's??

All thighs..family pack from BJ's can't beat the price....I had forgotten how good the ABT's are :oops: ...The ABTs are done and the Chicken is now Sauced...

Chicken is done…..I think the Peach BBQ sauce is a winner….it just needs to be mixed with a hotter sauce for my tastes….It gave the chicken a nice shiny look….A couple of pieces of chicken and a dozen ABTs later…and I’m done….The peach flavor and the Wolfe Rub complemented each other nicely.....Maybe I can get this recipe in the Wofle Rub cook book... :D

wittdog said:
Chicken is done…..I think the Peach BBQ sauce is a winner….it just needs to be mixed with a hotter sauce for my tastes….It gave the chicken a nice shiny look….A couple of pieces of chicken and a dozen ABTs later…and I’m done….The peach flavor and the Wolfe Rub complemented each other nicely.....Maybe I can get this recipe in the Wofle Rub cook book... :D

How bout savin us the money and just get the wolfe rub recipe [smilie=a_ohyahbaby.gif]

wittdog said:

Looks great!
So you didn't do the "Suicidal Anchor Bar Wing sauce to the Head county Hot to give it a little extra of a kick"?

ScottyDaQ said:
wittdog said:

Looks great!
So you didn't do the "Suicidal Anchor Bar Wing sauce to the Head county Hot to give it a little extra of a kick"?
Nope :oops: it was time to sauce and I got all caught up in the moment..forgot all about the Anchor Bar sauce....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom