Smoker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Smokey_Joe

Head Chef
I was turning the corner in the local Wally World parking lot by lawn and garden and there it sat..... rusting and lonely.

Cast aside and left behind from a fun summer of enthused shoppers.

Sadly sun faded and starting to rust.

BUT marked down to $35.00 ...... I just couldn't leave it there to be ridiculed and laughed at by the shiney snowblowers and shovels....teasing and taunting it so rudely that it wasn't wanted and was left behind. So I rescued it....and added it to my collection. (like I need another cooker)...well ummmmmmmm those were my wifes words! LOL

I know, I know...it's a cheapy... I haven't tried it yet, but I figure how bad can it be? It does have a cast brass burner element and a cast iron chip box....I figure some cleaning on the nickel plated cheapy racks and a quick coat of heat paint, it should look as good as new.

any feedback about it???????????

img_67657_0_f25c621348e5f0beae633261a681483d.jpg

img_67657_1_2ba90a9038e958305ff025075b2b0bc6.jpg

img_67657_2_883baf0b0de9ca2be0287d1cdaf3e8cc.jpg

Think you got yourself a weiner there my friend. Thats whut old Chris L. uses in bbq his bbq bidness. Supposed to cook very good. Fine job.

bigwheel

Smokey_Joe said:
I was turning the corner in the local Wally World parking lot by lawn and garden and there it sat..... rusting and lonely.

Sounds like a deal to me. I got a 2-burner turkey fryer, with 8-quart and 30-quart pots, two deep-fry thermometers, and an injector kit, for $25 the same way - the box had got rained on. :mrgreen:

I have one, I kind of like the thing, Mine is a little biger though. I can jamb about 8 butts in there and fill the water pan in the morning. I'm going to make a cold smoker out of it soon also. For a small catering gig, ya cant beat it! :LOL:

Pigs On The Wing BBQ said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":1vm06yvs]Hey Pigs, is that a smoker or a mailbox?
I guess it could be a mailbox :D I like to cook with it though. :LOL:[/quote:1vm06yvs] If it makes good "Q", who cares!

Nick Prochilo said:
[quote="Pigs On The Wing BBQ":13d6kk0k][quote="Nick Prochilo":13d6kk0k]Hey Pigs, is that a smoker or a mailbox?
I guess it could be a mailbox :D I like to cook with it though. :LOL:[/quote:13d6kk0k] If it makes good "Q", who cares![/quote:13d6kk0k]
It makes fair barbecue, but not great. Good for a gasser. I like it also cuz I can use it to hold full hotel pans of pork at a whole hog roast. Winter is when it comes in handy also. I have a party coming up in Feb. for 50, You bet that thing will be in use when the snow is flying! ;)

Smokey_Joe said:

BUT marked down to $35.00 ......

Sweet deal heck I would have taken it too , I am sure you will give it a caring home and a useful life !!!!

For $35 I would have bought it too SJ! If you don't like the way it cooks it will definitly work to keep food warm when cooking for a large crowd!! Good find!!

Back
Top Bottom