barbecue championship series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nick Prochilo said:
note to self....never serve raw lobster to judges.

2nd note to self. Never allow French judges in BBQ contests and what the heck do any of those judges know about BBQ? All DD was interested in was Lee Ann's butt and I'm not talking pork here! The Doctor was very luck to escape with such a narrow victory. Personally I think they set the scores low enough to allow the Doctor to win. I don't like it when Judges know whose BBQ they are judging.

Bring back Chris Lilly, Peggy Bunker, and all those professional judges we love to hate!

Kloset BBQR said:
[quote="Nick Prochilo":3pejhr7t]note to self....never serve raw lobster to judges.

2nd note to self. Never allow French judges in BBQ contests and what the heck do any of those judges know about BBQ? All DD was interested in was Lee Ann's butt and I'm not talking pork here! The Doctor was very luck to escape with such a narrow victory. Personally I think they set the scores low enough to allow the Doctor to win. I don't like it when Judges know whose BBQ they are judging.

Bring back Chris Lilly, Peggy Bunker, and all those professional judges we love to hate![/quote:3pejhr7t]
I agree 100% :shock: It's a BS comp. :LOL: McDavid & Steve will make great BBQ. Will they score well? Who knows with the judge's they have.

thanks for the reminder guys...got it set to record all episodes.
I'd prefer blind judging myself, but geez, those judges were
pretty harsh!

I'm surprised someone didn't come out of the stands and kick that french judges butt when he threw that chicken at them for booing him!

And how can the sponsor Kingsford make a typo on one of the most famous BBQ Teams in the World? Chris Lilly of Bib Bob Gibson's BBQ? :oops:

brian j said:
don't forget to set your recorders... series starts tonight at 10 pm edt.

Well the set up is interesting , I perfer blind judging. Well they could get more master judges from somewere I know , they got the new ones for ratings they hope?? Lobster can be a tricky thing espically on a time cook, to many things can go wrong. That French judge is something isnt he, at leat he thru some food the crowds way , LOL. I to felt sorry for the Wood Chicks , and Ray did just slip by on the win. I think the judges are the wild card ggze , man they are tough I give em that !!!! I will keep watching!!!

Captain Morgan said:
I think they went with the new judges style to get more of an "Iron Chef"
feel to it.

Hum now that something I didnt think of but you might be right there Cappy , I have always wondered just how the pic the civilian teams to compete , now that would be serious fun ??

How in the hell did Sara Horowitz from Hell's Kitchen work her way into this show? What are her BBQ credentials? Also who is Mike Zofchak, Emma Feigenbaum, and Hillard Pouncy? And why are James Britt and the Woodchicks even in the same division as these unknowns. Lee Ann has won several state championships and James Britt has been the Reserve Grand Champion at Jack Daniels twice. I hope some of these contestants ultimately turn on each other in the ultimate Kill It & Grill It Division.. The Ultimate Survivor. Now that would be a show worth watching! This version totally blows. I'm surprised they are not making McRib Sandwiches in this competition. And where in the hell is Bobby Flay. If we are going to totally sell out BBQ at least Bobby should be hosting the show and Damon's sponsoring it.

I'm real disappointed with the new version...It flat out sucks...the new format sucks...what happened to the cooking....it's a total bs show.....I'd like to see the judges try to cook something.....this message sponsered by Kingsford...and Kraft BBQ sauce [smilie=rlp_smilie_207.gif]

I liked the show. It's nice to see our friends get some publicity, there all great cooks. Here is a excerpt from Steve Farrin's blog, he cooks as I smell Smoke and Team Agave. He cooked Reno with Jack McDavid and Jim Bog's (Philly Pigs).

Well the first show of the Barbeque Championship Series aired on Versus last night. So what didn't you see ?

The Woodchicks were late getting a start on their Lobster because Lee Ann wanted to wait and time here Lobster perfectly. The only problem was she had to go up front for the Chicken Judging. Something she didn't plan for. It completely through her timing off and ultimately lost her the battle.

Darrell made the comment to Fast Eddy that he should smack the guy that gave him his stuffing recipe. What you didn't see was Eddy explaining to the judges beforehand that a local gentlaman that he did business with gave him this wonderful family recipe for the stuffing.

On the show the judges looked like it was all just fun and games but in reality they took the judging very seriously. They sampled each entry separately and judged them for appearance taste and tenderness. It was a very long process, not something you could show on a one hour television program and keep the viewers attention.

The order that the shows are being aired is not the order that they were filmed in.

I've seen comments by some people on the net that they were disappointed that more cooking was not shown. I'm afraid that some of that can be blamed on the cooks themselves. We were all told that if you are about to do something interesting grab a camera crew and we will film it. Maybe we didn't do enough of that or maybe what we thought was interesting didn't make it past the cutting room floor. This is all pretty new territory and both the cooks and the producers are learning as we go along.

I liked the first season and would like to see more of the BBQ people..it seemed like it was all about the sponsors and the judges trying to be celebrities....

Still a little disappointed that the judging isn't "blind" seems to make it somewhat less credible. I only caught about 20 minutes at the end though, but I'll catch a repeat sometime this week.

Back
Top Bottom