$5000 Fishing Trip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cliff H.

Master Chef
I ran across this pic in my file and thought I would share. The short of it is that:

While out bank fishing with the family earlier this year I got my line hung on a stump.

When I attempted to break the line by pulling, the old rusty hook I was using broke first, right at the shaft. The whip lash effect of the hook breaking somehow generated enough momentum to snap the line " above the knot" and shoot the shaft of the hook back towards the bank.

It hit me in the arm from twenty feet away. I thought the line had slapped me on the arm. It hurt, it bled and we went home. It hurt for a few days then healed up fine.

Three weeks later when the underside of my arm began to bruise from wrist to elbow, I knew something wasn't right.

Here are pics of the x-rays. The hook was in so far that I never knew what hit me. I had to be put to under for the doc to remove it. He gave me the hook and the knot to show everyone.

Insurance was billed $5000 for the procedure. I think I will cut the line from now on. ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom