New member of the family due in April

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Uncle Bubba

Executive Chef
We're going to be getting a new member in our family in April. It will sure to be rolling around on all fours(Hopefully not too much) in no time. It's expected to weigh in around 3800lbs and coming out of the Klose hosPITal in Houston. Yep, I'm pulling the trigger on a Klose mobile. 24"x8' main with a 30" upright, insulated box, 3/8" thick, stainless(and screwless) table, 20"x42" sliding streak grill on the nose. Might get one burner for convenience sake although it's pretty pricey at $450. Full log rack, gas assist, tuned, tandem, axle, elec. brakes, pullouts all around with 6 shelves in upright. Pit is very similar to Woodman's except mine will have the slideout and be a little thicker. However, you'll continue to only see one of the two at contests. Anyone suprised I'm buying another Klose??? Didn't think so. Will pick up in April at Klose's place. It's gonna be a long winter's wait. ;)

Congrats cannot wait for the pics!! 8)
Are you planning to get into catering?

Chris

Congratulations Bubba, are you going to get any of those cool high pressure water art cutouts they put on their pits. Those are very nice. Best to ya man!

OK. October to April is an eight month wait. Wow, this really is timed like a new member to the family. Do we get to do one of those track the pit around the country things again?

Congrats...can't wait to see the new member....does this mean woodman won't have to stay up all night alone :P :D

Nobody told me that joining the North Coast BBQ Society meant that I was going to have to get a Klose pit. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Congrats K on the new pit, sounds like it's going to be another pit to produce award winning BBQ for the team. Any tips on how you got the War Department to say yes? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Bruce B said:
Nobody told me that joining the North Coast BBQ Society meant that I was going to have to get a Klose pit. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Congrats K on the new pit, sounds like it's going to be another pit to produce award winning BBQ for the team. Any tips on how you got the War Department to say yes? :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I'm in sales and am very good at it. [smilie=a_goodjobson.gif]

I can't believe where these pit prices are going. I really wanted a 30" but it is around another $3500 or so plus you need an extra heavy tow vehicle for a pit that size. We'll start here and see where it goes. Yes, I am going to start catering and have 2 jobs next year...one of which is my wife's best friend. Fortunately I have accumulated most of what I need to do this using Woodman's setup as a model...which is really really good by the way. Hey, maybe him and I can do a large job together that he would have normally turned down due to pit space limitations. We'll have to talk.

And we didnt even know you where expecting. Congrats.

e507700c6873c5c57836120abc9300e6.jpg

Congrats Uncle Bubba. Know you will give it a good home.

bigwheel

Uncle Bubba said:
We're going to be getting a new member in our family in April. It will sure to be rolling around on all fours(Hopefully not too much) in no time. It's expected to weigh in around 3800lbs and coming out of the Klose hosPITal in Houston. Yep, I'm pulling the trigger on a Klose mobile. 24"x8' main with a 30" upright, insulated box, 3/8" thick, stainless(and screwless) table, 20"x42" sliding streak grill on the nose. Might get one burner for convenience sake although it's pretty pricey at $450. Full log rack, gas assist, tuned, tandem, axle, elec. brakes, pullouts all around with 6 shelves in upright. Pit is very similar to Woodman's except mine will have the slideout and be a little thicker. However, you'll continue to only see one of the two at contests. Anyone suprised I'm buying another Klose??? Didn't think so. Will pick up in April at Klose's place. It's gonna be a long winter's wait. ;)

Back
Top Bottom