Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allie

Sous Chef
INGREDIENTS
4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour

2 tsp. baking soda

2 cups butter, softened

1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar

1/2 cup white sugar

2 (3.4 oz) packages vanilla instant pudding mix

4 eggs

2 tsp. vanilla extract

4 cups semisweet chocolate chips

2 cups chopped walnuts (optional)

METHOD
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees F (175C). Sift together the flour and baking soda; set aside.

2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until well blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture. Finally, stir in the chocolate chips and nuts. Drop cookies by rounded spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.

3. Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven. Edges should be golden brown.

NOTE
I have no idea where this recipe came from but they are the best cookies I've ever had!

I knew that cookie recipe had to be awesome cus the ingredients are for a double batch…..
Mikey liked them

When I read the recipe to my wife, she said, "vanilla instant pudding mix!?!" So I reminded her, shes always wanting her choc chip cookies to be softer, maybe she should try pudding mix. ;) Not yet, but soon.

--John 8)
(Yeah, I know, I'll take pictures.)

Those look awesome......does it matter if you mix the whole thing in a blender or is it important to beat the pudding mix then stir the eggs and vanilla then blend the flour then stir the chocolate chips, etc....I know over beating eggs may make things crack or dry out.....follow the instructions as instructed??

I followed the instructions...creamed the butter and sugar, then added the pudding mix, then the eggs and then flour...IMHO it's important to not over mix the flour...it makes for a hard cookie...this is a very good recipe..give it a shot.....

wittdog said:
I followed the instructions...creamed the butter and sugar, then added the pudding mix, then the eggs and then flour...IMHO it's important to not over mix the flour...it makes for a hard cookie...this is a very good recipe..give it a shot.....

I figured....my wife made some the other week and was cryin over the fact that they were terrible and sayin she was wantin a convection oven and all kinds of baking tools....blah blah blah.....I'll give her this recipe and see what happens.....

My wife can bake cookies...she just can't make the dough....my dental coverage won't cover broken teeth anymore... :D

We have always followed the recipe exactly as written. It might work to do differently be we figure why mess with a good thing. LOL

I really am not a cookie eater but these are definitely worth the work!

Sorry to hear that! Oh well, we're all different! That's what makes the world an interesting place and cooking so much fun, experimenting to find what you like!

Unity said:
We did a batch (well, she did and I watched) and they are indeed soft. Unfortunately, we didn't like the pudding taste. :(

--John 8)

Figures that Jody would jump on cookie recipe.

Griff

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom