Cliff's Family Asparagus Casserole Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do sound mighty yummy. Got it on the to do list for soonish. Now we are Green Giant people on the peas if it anywhere close to pay day..otherwise Kroger brand. Hmm...that is usually the time we can afford canned asparagus too. Thanks Cliff and also thanks to the bumper. I would never have found this yet again.

Hey Cliff..gonna make this as soon as the dead turkey is gone. Currently hanging out with the Arkie branch of the the kin up twixt Beebe and Cabot. The oldest of the male chillns who lives here wanted to know if you ever ate at Cozy Corner in Memphus? He say the nice black lady who runs it walks around with a shootin iron on her hip. He say its purty good but thinks maybe not the best. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Right where I left it.

I have never eaten BBQ in Memphis and if I said give Rendezvous a go someone else would say don't go there.

If i were to pick one place to go in Memphis it would be Rendezvous.

I only cook this during the holidays. I have to search for it every year. I am posting it here for two reasons.

I will always know where it is.

If you like asparagus then you will love this old family recipe.

2 cans asparagus "drained"

1 large can Lesuer English Peas "do not drain"

1 10 oz can cream of mushroom soup

1 can water chestnuts

1 stick oleo " I use Country Crock"

4 slices white bread. Trim off edges and cut into strips "3 strips per slice"

1/2 lb shreaded cheese "2 cups"

Grease a 9x13 dish. Layer asparagus over the bottom of the dish. Mix peas and mushroom soup and pour over asparagus. Layer water chestnuts over mixture. Top with cheese.

Dredge strips of bread on both sides in melted butter. Lay bread on top of cheese and bake at 350 deg for 40 min.

Cliff seems to be the current patent holder. Kindly tell us about it.

No I havent. I usually let the Little Bride do the cooking because she claims i am too messy. Did share the recipe on a recipe site inhabited by a bunch of old ex high school chums. I will tell her to make it soon. Thanks.

Ok..I am laying down instructions for her to buy the stuff to make this. It has been too long.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom