Not BBQ, but very good!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LarryWolfe

Chef Extraordinaire
Felt like soup tonight, so I picked up 4 big sweet onions, loaf of french bread and some swiss cheese. Here's what I came up with, Onion Soup!

I usually sprinkle the onions with a liberal amount of sugar and then grill the onions outside on some flames (blackening & carmelizing them a bit)before adding them in some beef stock/broth bring to a boil, then bake with cheese and bread.

How did you do yours Larry?

Smokey_Joe said:
I usually sprinkle the onions with a liberal amount of sugar and then grill the onions outside on some flames (blackening & carmelizing them a bit)before adding them in some beef stock/broth bring to a boil, then bake with cheese and bread.

I am thinking thats what i am gonna use the chuck stock for...."Bold French Onion Soup"

Forgot secret ingredient.... about 1/2 tablespoon of bacon grease in each serving before baking.

If you don't have any bacon grease, a small dash of "Liquid Smoke" will do.

Smokey_Joe said:

Sauteed onions and a little garlic in butter and EVOO, little sugar, LS Beef Broth, thyme and S&P.

Cliff H. said:
It is getting soup and chili season for sure. Looks good Larry.

it certainly is. i made up some sourdough starter last night, so the bread bowls are already in the oven

cflatt said:
Cliff H. said:
It is getting soup and chili season for sure. Looks good Larry.

it certainly is. i made up some sourdough starter last night, so the bread bowls are already in the oven

I told my wife just yesterday that I wanted to make some bread. Must be something to it. :shock:

Larry next time you do a brisket...dump the sand put some H20 in the pan and use the drippings for the base for the soup...out of this world.

Back
Top Bottom